Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noone2036 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 09:27 PM
    2 3way switches and 2 lights
    Is there any way to wire two lights and two 3 way switches? What I have is 12/2 going to a switch and from there I have 14/3 going from switch 1 to light 1 and from light 1 I have at 14/3 going to the 2nd switch. The ground and the red traveler pass all the way through. From there I have problems. I think I messed up when I ran the ciruit because I think I need another wire from the lights. Is there any way to configure the setup I have to work so both lights turn on and off at the same time? Let me know please before I tear sheet rock up to run an additional wire.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Is this what you would like to do?

Note:
    Because you used 14-3 cable you must make this a 15 amp circuit.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many 3way switches can be used in lighting circuit [ 4 Answers ]

Need to know how many 3way switches can be used lighting circuit

Low Voltage at lights using 2 3way switches [ 3 Answers ]

My circuit includes 2 3way switches that control 2 lights. I have power coming into the first 3way switch with a 12/2 wire. The hot (black) is connected to the single common, the 2 travelers are connected to the 2 travelers on the second switch, then the common on the second switch goes through...

Disable a Motion Sensor on 3way Switches [ 2 Answers ]

I'm ready to "throw in the towel" on my outdoor floodlight, motion sensor operated by three-way switches. Most of the time the driveway just stays in the dark because the two different motion sensors I've tried are complicated to figure out on a 3-way switch. So I simply want to by-pass the...

Ceiling fan w/ 3way switches for light and 1 way for fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan that has 3 switches that control the light and 1 that controls the fan. I have 4 wires coming into the box for the fan (black, red, white and grnd). The new ceiling fan has a remote that has to 2 lead wires that are supposed to be connected to the source and 4 (2 for...

3way or 4 way switches? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in an old 3 decker that was recently rehab'ed and turned into condo's. There is a main stair way that runs up to serve the second and third floors. On each floor (main, 2nd, third) there is a light switch that when turned on, will turn on a hallway light on each floor. We want to...

View more questions Search