Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farmwomann Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 04:37 PM
    I filed Chapter 7 in 2004 and can hardly make ends meet! What to do?
    Hello- I filed chapter 7 in June of 2004 on medical bills that were turned over to collects. However, here I am today a full time student (trying to better myself), single mom and have a credit card company that took all the money out of my bank account yesterday. I hva not charged on the account for over 3 years and was making payments until they raised the interest to 29% two years ago. I cannot put money into my account because they will take it but on the other hand I can't not have an account. I also can not afford to pay the debt of this CC and the couple other ones eithers. I have NO idea what to do. Is all I know, is that I can bearly afford to live as it is little alone them taking what money I did have in my checking account. I would take any advise you have to offer.

Thanks so much
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 06:01 PM

You need to call your lawyer and ask them what to do. Did the CC company take you to court and get a judgement against you ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 07:37 PM

Yes, there is a lot of things you should not have done. But that is too late now.

First if you open a new account when they find it, they can just freeze it next. So you may have to learn to live without a bank account, many people do.

Next you may even have to get a second job, put off school for a while even if you have to pay bills to eat.

As you know you can not file for a new bankrutpcy for 8 years now after a chapter 7, so it will be 2012 before you can even consider filing. A judgement is not going away.

Oct 18, 2008, 10:22 PM
    I cannot put school on hold to get another job. Because I would then have to start repaying student loans 6 months after quiting. Those monthly payments will be $500.00 so that is not an option at this point.

I do believe that I can file Chapter 13. I am meeting with my attorney Monday.

Oct 18, 2008, 10:23 PM

Yes. They did get a judgement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owner has filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy while we are in a Lease Purchase Agreement? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I went into a lease purchase agreement with a homeowner several months ago, and a couple of days ago received papers that he has filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. We don't want to move, our intentions are to buy the home. What should be our next step? Should we go to the meeting of...

Filed 1040 for years 2004-2007 using Taxslayer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student from India, here on F1 visa. I have unknowingly filed my taxes for the years 2004-2007 using 1040 instead of 1040nr. The mistake happened because I was led to use the online tools such as taxslayer.com I am worried now, since as an international student I...

I recently filed chapter 13 including my house. Can I sell it? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently filed Chapter 13 including my home. My wife and I are separating and I need to sell the house. Can I do this?

Wrong Tax form filed by f-1 student. Filed 1040 instead of 1040NR. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a dilemma and I will really appreciate your help. I am a student/f-1 visa holder (non-resident alien). Last week I used an online website (File my taxes for FREE! with FreeTaxUSA) to file tax returns and realized that the website used Form 1040, and PA-40 - 2007 (for...

Boyfriend does not make an effort to meet me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my boyfriend says he loves me but he does not make an effort to meet me just me and him... his best mate says he is just not good with girls, but i don't know what to think. I keep on thinking about ending it with him, but i think i would regret it after cos i do really like him!!:( can people...

View more questions Search