Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donner0224 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 03:36 PM
    New house, no p trap in shower, buried in concrete.
    So, we built a new house, had a plumber do the rough in and run the water lines. Had another contractor build the shower base's for custom showers. I tiled one shower and it turned out gorgous. Then after using the shower a couple of times a horrible gas smell arouse, I thought it might be the toilet seal, but it wasn't. The smell is definitely coming through the shower drain. I know it's vented, but think there is no p trap, I looked down the drain hole and it looks like there is just a 45 or 90degree fitting and no p trap. It's all concrete, is there any way to remedy this without tearing out all the concrete?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Donner 0224
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 05:41 PM

This post is a duplicate of the plumbing post. If anyone want to follow it go to plumbing
    02dodgeman Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2008, 04:55 PM

Is their no way to access this from under the floor ( I know you said that it was concrete )
    donner0224 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 12:27 PM

It's a single story home, octagonal, 2' stem wall with slab. We're thinking that we could dig under the house (Fun) because both showers are within 3' from the outside wall. It depends on if the pipes are in conctete or under the slab. We're trying to find out that now.
    Thanks for your concern

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower P-trap in a basement with concrete slab floor [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, The bathroom in the basement has a 2.5" raised floor, the new shower has a very low base (the shower pan is about 1" above the floor). The P-trap I found need about 7.5" vertical clearance. Without rising shower base, what is the best way to make room for th P-trap? If I have to...

P-trap buried under cement floor for shwr rough-in? [ 8 Answers ]

Prior owner had a 1/2 bath roughed-in basement. There i.e. no rough-in box around where the shower drain enters the cement floor. The cement butts up against the 2" pipe. There is in-floor heating so I'm hestitant to get the jack hammer going to tell. Would it be likely that a P/U trap, as...

Sealing off P trap under shower in concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a shower over a 2ft x 2ft hole in the concrete slab used to place the p trap. My question is: Doesn't this area need to be sealed off with tar or something? Or do you just leave the p trap in open dirt? Also, when I place the drain in the shower by connecting it to the 2 inch pvc...

Shower p-trap - concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I have already poured a 6 inch thick concrete slab for a shop floor. During the slab construction a 3 inch pvc rough stubbed drain was put in the concrete to act as the shower drain (from the shower to the septic tank line). I realized after the fact that no p-trap was placed within the slab; only...

View more questions Search