Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keepingon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Can't get health insurance-Tennessee
    I am single and in my 50's. I can't get health insurance and am moving to Tennessee in 2 weeks.

Has anyone heard of a time during the year called "open enrollment" for single policies, where BCBS cannot refuse an application for single coverage?

Any suggestions as to what to do? Does the state of TN offer medical assistance for different income levels?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2008, 03:46 PM

I have only seen Open Enrollment with group plans. Maybe someone else has seen something with individual policies but I would be surprised.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 03:49 PM

TN has medicaid for low income.

No private policies have open enrollment, and anyone on single privatte coverage in TN can be turned down.

NOW, in TN if you have your own business, you could start one, perhaps making and selling something over the interent. ** does not say you have to make a profit. But they have a program where you get some very basic ( very basic) it covers up to 10,000 ( maybe 25000 ) in hospital costs, and up to 3 doctor visits a year.

The cost is about 200 a month I believe.

There are some other policies that will cover things you don't currently have. I no of a couple companies that offer that coverage. What part of TN are you moving to, I may be able to recommend a agent
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    TN has medicaid for low income.
    If you are referring to TENNCARE, it basically has been dissolved aside from children. Even people who have had transplants that need antirejection drugs for the rest of their lives, and are low income cannot receive TENNCARE any longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is catherine,my husband is 65 years old and on social security and medicare he had a mass heart jan 16.2007 his income is about $1550.a month his co-pay for his medication is around $140.00 +rent $565.00 and other monthly payment $450.00 and $400.00 food for the two of us he is on a...

Health insurance [ 1 Answers ]

In which company best health insurance plan which covered most injury for buy an insurance plan

We have no health insurance [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has diabetes he is 59 yrs old unemployed as I am presently. Neither one of use have health insurance, I have high blood pressure and we are non-smokers. Is there any health insurance we can buy out there?

No health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just recently discovered a lump. He has no insurance and needs to get a biopsy done right away. He cannot afford the costs, is there any way or anyone to help?

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have never bought private medical cover, critical illness insurance, Loss of earnings insurance, etc. I know that there is various advice and Web sites to help you lower your car insurance, but what, If any, facilities exist to help you shop around for these other types of insurance?...

View more questions Search