Ask
    2345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Predicting chemical reactions
    Al + O2 -->
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2008, 08:35 PM

Metals usually react with oxygen to form the metal oxide. So, here, it'll be aluminium oxide. But then, you need to balance the equation. Put the formula of the aluminium oxide in your equation, and post your balanced equation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Predicting Chemical Reactions [ 1 Answers ]

WHAT ARE PREDICTED PRODUCTS TO THESE CHEMICAL REACTANTS?: 1) H2O2 2) Fe + Cu (No3)2 3)Mg + HCl 4) BaCl2 + H2Cro4 5)FeS +HCl

Predicting chemical reactions [ 1 Answers ]

Help ! I do not have a clue how to do this. I get the concept, but cannot seem to grasp it. Thanks, ray:(

Predicting Chemical Reactions help [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I really need help predicting these chemical reactions. First of all, how do you know when 2 reactants are going to undergo synthesis? I need help predicting the products of the following reactions and determining which of the five reactions they undergo, double replacement, single replacement,...

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search