Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DownIsTheNewUp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Some programs will not connect, but all browsers work fine
    I recently purchased a Zune, with the Zune software everything works, until I try to sign in. I figured out that the problem is that the software just can't connect to the internet. The same is true with the instalation of other windows software that needs a connection to install. I have windows XP home, and haven't had these problems before. I did find a crapload of registry errors, as well as a bunch of spyware, but after clearing them no change happened. It doesn't seem to be a firewall problem, and all of these programs work fine on other computers. I may have disabled some important component recently. If anyone could tell me what component or software allows these programs to run and contact the interent I would be grateful. I'm working on this problem myself, I just thought that some backup while I try things would be helpful. Thank you
    tracer357 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Check your "security" settings in your "internet options".
    DownIsTheNewUp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 08:30 AM
    I gave that a try, went in all of the tabs and turned the custom settings to the lowest security. No luck. Is there something more specific to try with this? I did turn my firewall off for a minute to try that, and it made no difference, so I know that it isn't an exception discrepancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctoral Programs accepting various course work. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an MBA. In addition I have taken a considerable number pf individual, business related courses over a 10 year period. In addition I have considerable executive training programs. I would like to go on for a Doctorate. Is there any reputable institution traditional or on line that would...

Programs won't work. [ 2 Answers ]

Nothing that I download will work on my laptop... Not even FIREFOX. I've tried setting my firewall to allow it, and that didn't work. Does anyone have any other ideas. And no worries, this is not to run an illegal programs. I want to run Trillian and Firefox, but this is not...

A/C seems to work fine but inside house is humid [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 month old Goodman 2 ton package unit (13 seer). Unit seems to work fine. But lately, the inside of the house seems humid all the time. Everything is sticky, and the air is humid and not dry like it should be. What should I look for to solve this problem?

Cannot connect with programs such as msn and ventrilo [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot connect with programs such as windows live messenger and ventrilo as well as the news server for World of Warcraft. I have the adserverplus thing too. When I try to use wlm I get 80072efd and cannot fix with what they suggest. When I try to use Ventrilo it simply says unable to connect....

View more questions Search