Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaniel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 04:43 AM
    Debit : left

Credit : right
    hert89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Credit is when you do not have a limit you have to pay a monthly bill... whereas debit is from you bank account.
    arsenal88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 07:30 AM
    What is the difference between debit and credit
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 11:29 AM
    A debit is an entry to the left side of a T account and a credit is an entry to the right side of a T account.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
    let's answer this properly

on the humorous side the debit is on the side nearest the door and the credit on the side nearest the window

but seriously

a debit occurs where you gain value and a credit occurs where you give value

when you have money in the bank you have a debit balance in your bank account in your accounts you have gained value and the bank has a credit balance it must give you that value.

In the same way when you incur an expense you have gained that value and the value was given by your bank account or by your creditor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debit or Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi If using the perpetual inventory system what is the impact of COGS if the company sells inventory? I think it would be a credit but I get really confused re debits/credits :rolleyes: Thanks for your help.

Debit or credit [ 1 Answers ]

On October 1, 20x1, the Jernnigan Company paid $4800 for a one-year insurance policy. On December 31, 20x1, the adjusting entry would include a. a debit to Insurance Expense, $3,600 b. a credit to Insurance Payable, $1,200 c. a credit to Prepaid Insurance, $1,200 d. a debit to Insurance...

Debit balance, debit entries, and credit entries [ 1 Answers ]

This is a silly question I'm sure, and the answer is very simple, but it is driving me crazy... The problem is: At the beginning of the year, The Office Equipment account of Gulf Coast Airlines had a debit balance of $126,900. During the year, debit entries of $23, 400 and credit entries of...

Debit and credit [ 2 Answers ]

What's the diffeent between debit and credit

View more questions Search