Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agscalzo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Suspened jail sentence
    My dad just got his jail sentencing and Im not understanding it to clearly. He got 5 years of jail with 2 years suspended and 3 years of probabtion. Does this mean he has to serve 2 years in jail then gets the other 3 years on probabtion??
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 10:56 PM

Any suspended jail time does not have to be served unless he violates probation.
    Fines may be suspended also. Any part of the sentence that is suspended may or may not be imposed in a probation violation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jail sentence for a fight? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband got arrested last night for bieng in a fight I live in Texas, how long do you think he will have to serve time?

Suspened drivers license for non-pymt of court ordered child-support. [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if and how I can go about getting my license back now that my son has turned 18 years old and is no longer considered a ward of the state. Who do I contact, or what procedures do I need to take? :confused:

Recessed Lighting in a Suspened Ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to be putting a suspended ceiling in a basement rec room. I am going to hang the minimum 3" clearance to maximize head room. I want to put recessed lighting in the ceiling since I can not use florescent lighting with 3" hanging. The question is two fold: first, what is the distance...

What would be my sentence [ 2 Answers ]

I am 39 year old, leaving in canada on visa. Caught for shoplifting charged with Theft under $5000. On the day of my first appearance in court I am going to plead guilty... My visa will exp in 3 months. This is my first offence and I am very regret for the same. Want to know what type of sentence...

How longs the jail sentence for stealing a vechile? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I have to ask. I friend of mine stole a car and I was with him We got caught last night And I was wonder what the maximum and the minimum jail sentence that he might get.

View more questions Search