Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awaissickum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 17, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Student loan
    Im taking a loan out for approx 50k for art school in January (3d animation). This covers tuition and living expenses for the 1 year intensive course. It's a really good school apparently - but I'm still nervous about the year ending, being 25 years old, jobless and my life being screwed from debt.

Everyone is encouraging me saying its an investment in my future, but I'm still nervous about it.
    Anyone had any experiences, or words of wisdom?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 08:07 PM

I'm a recent college grad... private school... costs $43k a year.

I'm currently 30k in the hole, while my friend is 70k, while my other friend is 110k. All this for undergrad.

I'm also applying for med schools... which will add another 100k to my debt.

If it's something you actually love, and you wish to pursue a career in art, then go all out. However, manage your expenses well, carefully plan out a budget, and also, try to pick up some part time jobs to help with the expenses. You'll be fine. Good luck bud.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 08:14 PM

No, not screwed ever, if you research the job market, know about the placement record of the school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I have a student loan which is ten years old. It's in default. My income tax refunds are being kept because of the outstanding loans. Also I'm still receiving calls from a collection agency regarding that same student loan. Does the statue of limitations apply to student loans. eoliver

Another F1 student - Private International Student Loan on 1040-NR-EZ [ 11 Answers ]

I'm in my fourth year of college as an international student. I filed 1040-NR-EZ since my first year since I always had a small income coming from on-campus employment. I financed these past two years of school with Sallie Mae International Student Loans and I was wondering if those will influence...

Old Student Loan [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend who is a Viet Nam Veteran. He was drafted while he was in college. When he went into the military he had about $5,000 in student loans. He was in the military for about six years. Got out and went to work. About 6 years ago he went to buy a car and found out that with interest he...

View more questions Search