Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JQiamscared08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 07:19 PM
    I am scared now. I have seen 111 for the past 4 yrs
    It doesn't matter where I am... what I am doing.. especially during the daytime. I will look at a clock and see the numbers.. 111, or 1111... I recently saw a show about people who constantly see the same number sequence and that it resembles the Mayan calendar of the end of time.

That's insane!! You know it has taken me years to find my faith.. and I have truly worked at becoming a good Catholic.. I am definatley imperfect.. so is that why ifeel like maybe.. just maybe after all these years of recurrent visions of 111.. thinking I'm crazy and making a just brushing it off...

Could it be true? 2012 will be the end? It's soooooo hard to believe.. I mean come on!

But then again.. why do I keep seeing the same sequence?
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Oct 17, 2008, 07:49 PM
    From a Biblical perspective, the New Testament in particular, I recall that Jesus said there would be particular characteristics visible near the end, but he cautioned against zeroing in on specifics. He indicated that not even He knew the exact details. To me, a particular year is getting pretty specific as compared to all of time. God does not want you to be fearful. He says in the Bible there He has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Trust in Him allows us to be ready for the end whether the next moment or the next millennium.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2008, 02:27 AM

You keep seeing the same sequence because you assign some kind of meaning to it. You discard other inputs in favor of this one. That's really all there is to it. It's called confirmation bias. It just means that you're human.
    Gymboy1590 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 10:56 AM
    [QUOTE=IM4U;1327122]He indicated that not even He knew the exact details QUOTE]

This is something that gets me how could people think that jesus and god are the same when that statement is true?!
    iamabeliever77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    You keep seeing the same sequence because you assign some kind of meaning to it. You discard other inputs in favor of this one. That's really all there is to it. It's called confirmation bias. It just means that you're human.
    I had to change my name from iamscared to iamabeliever...

Thank you for the comforting reply. However I have kept a log since 2006 of how many times a day, week, year.. I see the numbers 111 or 1111... iIhave separated them into groups (111) (1111) last year I saw (111) 519 times & (1111) 24 times.
    I don't just see the numbers when I look at a clock. I see them when I am driving, dreaming, on my kid's school books, on receipts, gas pumps... everywhere.

It flat out freaks me out. Every time I seeing the numbers I feel frozen , and I can feel my legs get weak.

I know I sound ridiculous right now... Please understand that I like to think I am an everyday person, a mother, a wife, an accountant, I vote, I go to church 2 days a week, I volunteer for a lot of charity events through my daughter's school and on my own accord.

I just honestly need to know what the heck those numbers mean & why do I see them where ever I go.. everyday.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2008, 12:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamabeliever77 View Post
    I just honestly need to know what the heck those numbers mean & why do I see them where ever I go .. everyday.
    They mean that you saw the number 111 or 1111, nothing more. Additionally, you've probably associated those numbers with some meaning yourself, so maybe you can answer that question better than me. I already answered your second question.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Oct 21, 2008, 05:21 PM

Well, I'm not a Catholoic so maybe I'm missing something, but seems to me that your priest would be an excellent person to talk to about this. Good luck to you.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 4, 2009, 06:14 PM

I forgot what's its called, but it's a term in medicine. You think the medicine works because your mind believe it is working; but the medicine isn't working at all. It's like you take weight loss medicine, you believe it's going to help you and feel happy about it, by being happy you eat less and lose weight. But the fact is, the weight loss medicine isn't working.

I think you have that. You believe in it so much, when you hear people mention about it, you start seeing things relate to it.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 04:58 PM

Try not to look at a clock for about 15 minutes after 1 O'clock and 11 O'clock.
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Jan 10, 2009, 06:56 PM

Stop keeping track of it.

Chances are, you could keep track of almost any number combination and you will find that they repeat contantly.

For instance, if I were to keep track of the number 630, then I would be reminded of it every time I wake up in the morning, and when ever I watch the evening news. That's 10 occurrences within 1 week. Then on this day, I pump $63 worth of gas, times 10 is 630.

Although I do understand what you are saying, the other night, I went to bed at 1:11 in the morning. There is something strange about seeing that number on the clock.

But what is it with 2012? Why does everyone think the world is going to end in 2012?

Did I miss something?
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Jan 25, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JQiamscared08 View Post
    ... Could it be true? 2012 will be the end? It's soooooo hard to believe .. i mean come on! ...
    This is the Science - Astronomy board - a scientific board.
    Your post fits more on a religious or philosophic board.
    From a scientific - astronomic point of view there is no reason to assume that 2012 will be the end, if you mean by that the end of everything.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 08:57 AM

How about this? Every time you see 1:11 or 11:11 on the clock, turn around, wait about 5 minutes, then look at it again.

... now, every time you see 111, you'll also see 116...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad past [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 and have yet to have a girlfriend ( I no it sound really sad), I have had a really bad past from primary to secondary I was really overweight and unattractive this of course lead to low confidence since then thoe I have thined out and become a lot more warrey of what I look like when I go...

Can't let go of the past. [ 10 Answers ]

I moved to another state to live with my dad thousands of miles away about a month ago and I go to another school, I got a great new job. Why is it after 7 months I still think about my ex? We haven't spoken since early September and I saw her by accident in the gym one day around thanksgiving. How...

How to let go of the past [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married for 8 years and I have beautiful children with this man, but my past keeps haunting me. I was in a relationship 10 years ago and he was very abusive mentally, as well as being physically abusive. He didn't start that way though. He was never abusive at all until his grandpa died...

View more questions Search