Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dawn.Olson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Bad Checking Accounts
    Hello,

I received a phone call from a law firm re: a balance that I owe on a bad checking account. The gentleman told me that he was giving me a chance to pay voluntarily before they garnish my wages. Is a collector authorized to garnish my wages for a bad checking account?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2006, 01:13 PM
    Yes, but not without filing a lawsuit and being granted a judgment.

Typically collectors like that, yes even ones who are law firms, try to make it sound as if the garnishment is "imminent" when it is not.
    Dawn.Olson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Thanks for your answer!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2006, 01:21 PM
    You're welcome. Play a little humble with them and they'll probably set you up on payments.

Good luck with it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking Account Garnishments [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently surprised that my checking account had been garnished by a creditor for a debt that I owe. I was making payments to the creditor, and then they file for a judgement against me. I don't understand it. Nevertheless, I have a disabled husband, and disabled daughter of which neither...

Checking receipt and items. [ 8 Answers ]

When we buy something at department stores such as Fry's Electronic or Comp Usa... At the door, before we get out, the security person asks receipt and checks how many items in the bag. Is it legal or not legal for checking what we buy? And what happen if we do not let security person do that?

Disc checking has been cancelled in XP [ 4 Answers ]

Earlier when I started my computer with Windows XP - SP2, it used to scandisc all the drives. Now disc checking has been cancelled. I am also unable to defrag. I tried to run chkdsk /F but it did not work. Any solution?

Removing this... Checking here before I do... [ 7 Answers ]

Virs scanner says that "vpnpoatq" is a virus but can't remove it manually or ny the virus scanner and sybot don't see it as spyware. I did a check on Google and other searches but came up with nothing Anyone know what "vpnpoatq" is and how I can get rid of it if possible? Thanks

View more questions Search