Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beccag66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Emotional support
    My little boys was taken from me by his father, he is grown now and has questions about why I never went for him. I tried several times but later gave up because of financial reasons how do I approach him? What do I say? I don't want to blow my chance at this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beccag66 View Post
    My little boys was taken from me by his father, he is grown now and has questions about why I never went for him. I tried several times but later gave up because of financial reasons how do I approach him? what do I say? I don't want to blow my chance at this.

You tell him the truth - you tried for custody as hard as you could, you didn't have the financial means to go any further.

Did you visit with the child but not have custody?
    beccag66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You tell him the truth - you tried for custody as hard as you could, you didn't have the financial means to go any further.

Did you visit with the child but not have custody?
    Ok... so here is what really happened I was visiting relatives in my hometown, he happened to be there visiting too because someone in his fathers side of the family passed away, so there was a chance encounter that we ran into each other and I FROZE!! I should have run up to him - hugged him - I think I did say hi-how are you? And that was it and now my son and my daughter have since that encounter been communicating daily and he has expressed his anger that I should have at least acted like I missed him. I blew my chance huh? Ok how do I pick up the pieces from here? Please help!!
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 17, 2008, 10:55 PM

The truth is right don't lie aabout a thing that's what always gets in to trouble. Let him yell at you and you say nothing just let him do it he needs it so bad and if he is at least yelling that's good. Its so hard to pick up the pieces I was locked up for 6 mo away from my kids and it took a long time they didn't want to live with me or anything. Buy I called everyday and before I hung up I always told them I love you. I spent every weeend with them took them places hiking, swimming camping, golfing, and on the days we didn't talk I bought a ton of card and sent them at least 2-3 card a week with a ittle sticker or soemthing small in them... Just make everything about them when they want to talk let them when they don't , don't. I kept this up for almost 2 yrs and then all of a sudden they wanted to move in with me, I was thrilled but laid the rules about school work sleep time exct, and to this day were fine, we have no screct talk about everything, its all about patience there mad now just let him be his way just keep telling him you love him and let them heal.

Take care hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very emotional [ 6 Answers ]

Hii I been so emotional lately I'm guessing because I'm having problems with my husband, we are trying to conceive and it can be stressful at times.I accused hubby of not being there for me when I'm sad or crying.My moods are getting to both of us I feel we are getting far apart.I never was a...

Why am I emotional? [ 3 Answers ]

I have just been super moody lately towards everyone. Weird thing is, its not around my menstrual cycle. I'm driving my boyfriend crazy and everyone around me. Do you have any tips on how to go back to my giddy self?

Emotional affair [ 10 Answers ]

I found out this past week that my husband has been having 2-4 hour conversations late at night with a female coworker. I started to worry and looked into his text messages. She sends him a good morning text every morning even though they will be at work together within the hour. I asked him about...

Emotional support for a neglected child [ 8 Answers ]

I am a single woman with two daughters, although my older is grown up and has her own life in a different country. We are in Europe. My sister has a beautiful daughter but she has neglected her since she divorced her husband five years ago. The child was four at the time. They had joint custody,...

Never Depend on a Woman for Emotional Support? What? [ 4 Answers ]

I have read this articule on the www.sosuave.com promoted by our friedn Wildcat21 here... I want to have an open talk about this will all the people who wants to put their opinion.. If a man is passing through a difficult time during a relationship (financially, emotionally, psicollogically, or...

View more questions Search