Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2008, 08:30 AM
    How do the current economic times and meaness go together
    I have a problem with stress from the direction of the economic times we live in . I wanted ideas as to how does that daily stress effect a person in the long run?:confused::confused::mad:
    HelpSkippy Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 11:29 AM

Why are you so stressed about the economic situation? There are a lot of positive things happening in the world besides that. I guess this just highlights the value of money and the obsessive capitalist society we live in where we all just want to make money and get rich.

In my opinion, this economic "crisis" is not actually a crisis at all. More of a reality check (overdue readjustment). If you look at the people who fill the front pages of the newspapers scratching their heads and looking miserable, it's the city bankers. Their world is centred around money. HOWEVER, the art world is thriving. A recent piece of art sold for £75-100 million. Hmm... so people are finally investing in quality are they? And not shares etc... Last year Sothebys sold £1.35 billion worth of art (a 106% increase from the previous year). Im not saying to invest in art, just appreciate that there is more to life than money, economy blah blah blah...

Maybe your job is too dependent on the unstable economy. If you work in finance, you probably need to find your soul.

It should be said that I say all of the above as a student, so employment is not of a concern to me in the immediate future. I don't want to see innocent people lose their jobs and I hope this can be sorted out soon for their sake. However, I have no sympathy for these vulgar, greedy, shallow bankers!

With regards to managing stress, maybe find something to do which you find therapeutic. Other than that, I guess do the basics and do them well. Quality diet, quality exercise and quality fun (if only it was as easy as that!! )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Current transformer - short time withstand current [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, For ring-type (window-type) CT, do we need to size the CT short time withstand current at the same or above the system short time withstand current (short circuit level)? Any reference/technical explanation? Thanks!

Are REITS a wise move in the current economic environment? [ 2 Answers ]

Our financial planner has recently suggested that we move some of our IRA funds out of stocks and into a Real Estate Investment Trust. In our case, this would be Behringer Harvard REIT 1, Inc. I've only been recently going over their online information, but have to wonder if this exposure...

Tripping of ac mcb on dc current below its rated current [ 2 Answers ]

Please let me know why ? MCB rated for 240/415VAC, 6Amperes trips on 5 Amps DC current at 24VDC voltage level Ambient operating temperature: 32 ° C MCB Designed for ambient temperature of 55° C Why MCB should trip:confused: ?

Current ratio and non current assets [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know what each makes contains. current assets 25,000 liabilities 40,000 equity 55,000 non current assets=80,000 ( Is this correct) non current 60,000

Current & Non-Current Assets [ 3 Answers ]

Why is classification of Assets into Current & Non-Current necessary? Or not necessary?

View more questions Search