Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoshey124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 08:16 AM
    life insurance and medicaid
    If the owner and the insured are not the same person can medicaid take the cash value of an insurance policy if the insured goes into a nursing home?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2008, 08:21 AM
    I don't believe medicaid can take the cash value of a life insurance policy under any conditions.
    frisco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 11:52 AM

Thanks Scott, you have eased my mind

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life insurance [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my husband's life insurance is with his ex-wife name. He didn't change it. But his name is over there as a owner. Does his life insurance belong to her after he pass away? Thanks Sandy

Life Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Wondering about Term Life Insurance. 1) Is this a certain kind of Insurance and are there other choices? 2) Where would you find $500,000 or 1-2 Million dollar policy and which would be the best kind and the name of Insurance company's that carry such policys and medical exams or not? 3)...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Life insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My ex passed on and had life insurance and the policy was less than two yrs old and the damn insurance company is supposebly investigating does any one know how long they investigate for ? Also they tried to get me to sign a medical release but I said I could not as were not married any more who...

Life insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is very ill. She is a single mom with 2 kids, one who is 18. She has an insurance policy and would like to make sure the proceeds go to her children but in trust for them until 21. Need advice on how to set up proceeds from insurance proceeds as outlined above.

View more questions Search