Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 07:47 PM
    Call the IRS to determine if they in fact issued the check, and if the check was intended for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refund of SS and Medicare taxes [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Expert, My SS and medicare taxes were withheld by my employee while I was doing optional practical training and my status was non-resident alien from Jan 1 2005 - Sep 30 2005. From Oct 1 onwards my visa status changed to H1B. That means I should be asking for refund of those withheld...

Overpaid my tax [ 1 Answers ]

I filed my tax return for this year and it turns out that I owe some amount and that I paid way too much than what was required. I figured out that I require 1040x Form to make any amendments. Are there any other forms for making amendments ? Deadline for tax returns is April 15th so can I...

Non-resident: refund of taxes withheld on W2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm here becaues I'm in need for help about my tax return for 2004 since I find myself in a strange situation. I'm an Italian living in Italy but I've been working during all of 2004 for a US company (telecommuting from Italy) that now issued me a W2 with all the wages that I earned...

Overpaid taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I just discovered a major mistake in my year 2000 US federal tax. As a consequence I overpaid my year 2004 tax (quite a lot of money). Is there anyway I can get my money back or is it too late.

View more questions Search