Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 11:45 PM
    physics speed
    a roller coaster has a dip in a vertical circle of radius r. the passenger feels the seat push upward with a force equal to twice her weight. The r = 20.0 m, how fast is the roller coaster going at the bottom of the dip.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 07:28 AM

To get you started: The acceleration of an object traveling in a circular motion is v^2/r. Since F=ma, the force needed to keep the object moving in a circular motion is F = mv^2/r. So now you just need to determine how much force the girl felt that was contributed by her circular motion. Can you take it from here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Variable Speed vs. Single Speed Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Questions: Getting 2 new heat pump systems installed. 1.5 ton upstairs and 4 ton downstairs. Decided on Comfortmaker. Heat Load calc performed on sizes. Going 2 stage with variable speed downstairs with Honeywell IQ Pro stat. Was going to go one stage with variable speed upstairs with...

Physics, finding speed, velocity and acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find velocity speed and acceleration. How do I label the problems when I am done.

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

View more questions Search