Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 16, 2008, 11:58 PM

Hang in there, I will log on tomorrow. Promise :)
    aloneIbreak Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 12:01 AM

If you fell comfortable telling me clough,
    That's OK...

I will always use my best efforts to help anyone I know...

I figured if I can't live for myself, I will give my life away to help others never fall into this...

Like a disease, I take it and get the antibodies to help others so they don't die...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 12:11 AM

Oh, I don't have any problem sharing some of what is in my inner-soul with just about anyone...

A little about me, though...

I am a professional musician, teacher, performer, handyman, house painter and decorator, gardener, among other things...

What about you?

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2008, 05:40 PM

I'm back as promised, how are you doing today?

Oct 17, 2008, 08:04 PM

I have returned... I don't know... don't feel anything... only thinking about what comes ahead... hoping my car doesn't have too many failures.. I left it with my mechanic

Thank you for returning...

Oct 17, 2008, 08:06 PM
    So you say you used to be like me clough?
    How deep were you in the abyss?
    I have some talents... I can play guitar & bass... learning piano... good with computers...
    I am into the software development business

How is everyone today? Everyboyd feeling fine?

Oct 17, 2008, 08:48 PM

I'm doing pretty good, my mother took my son this weekend. She lives an hour away so she doesn't get to see him too often. I wish I could play the guitar, I'm kind of ADD so I've never really honed in on most of my talents :(
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aloneIbreak View Post
    So you say you used to be like me clough?
    how deep were you in the abyss?
    I have some talents..... I can play guitar & bass.... learning piano... good with computers...
    I am into the software development business

How is everyone today? everyboyd feeling fine?
    Hi, aloneIbreak!

I am okay. I have been deep enough into the abyss to have contemplated suicide. Friends had me hospitalized at one point. Total despair. Am sort of depressed right now because a number of jobs that I have bid on fell through for me.

I also play a little bit of guitar and a lot on the bass, but it's mainly the upright bass that I play because most of what I play in doesn't call for an electric bass.

How much do you know how to play on the piano, please? I play a lot of piano... Have been helping a girl on another thread to write a song and I am showing here how to set it to music as well as play it.

Thanks!
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2008, 10:24 AM

I can understand that you don't want to hurt people that come into your life. Please consider that in the age group you are in there is plenty of room to find positive people who can inspire you to great things. Honesty in others is the first thing you should consider when making friends and associates. Learn something that others can respect and become a leader. You are great and valued.

Oct 19, 2008, 10:05 PM

I apreciate your answer united we stand.
    I agree with you to the fact that there are a lot of people like you said.
    Unfortunately I haven't found them...
    And for the moment, please don't see it as a defensive move, but I do not plan to...
    As I post on my message, I am isolating from everything and everyone...
    That's why...

That's the reason I post this...
    Because I will no longer live for myself, only for others that need help...

Just some months ago, I discovered something I had forgotten about...
    mdh111688 Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Oct 19, 2008, 10:08 PM

What did you discover aloneIbreak?

I am only 19, but I find that I have a very similar mindset that it is best to live for others. I don't even know what makes me happy... I always say I'm happy when I'm making someone else happy. Is this how you feel?

Oct 19, 2008, 10:10 PM
    I remebered and realized that love doesn't exist...

Only between parents and sons and daughters...

But between man and woman or any other type of relationship, love, or as you wish to call it, is nothing but a mirage, an illusion to mask the reality that we live everyday...

That no matter how many people surround us, no matter how much help or support we find with us, in the end, we are alone...

But yet, we use that as the reason to believe we are not and we live by that...

We reshape our lives around that, and when it's all gone, we feel confused, lost, everything...

So, I realized that again... I thought I could've let go of that, but no...

It's always been there... I just didn't want to see it...
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2008, 10:12 PM

Hi, aloneIbreak!

I know that you're having a lot of information coming at you here from others that you need to digest, but I would appreciate knowing what you thought of what I said in post #28 when you get the chance...

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2008, 10:14 PM
    mdh111688... Before you continue life, before you make any decisions...

Give yourself the chance to turn things around...

I tell you this because I used to be like you...
    And went too deep, and now I've become what I am...

I used to think that if I made someone happy,
    I would feel like that too..

At first, it felt good, but when those who you make happy go away, you are left with nothing but the satisfaction you did it...
    And then what?

So, it's OK to helop others, but you have to think about yourself and see deep in you...

From your childhood, until today..
    What is it you really like... what would you like to do that is in your means?
    Try to do as much as possible to enjoy life and care about yourself...

You don't want to end up like people like me...
    It's a dead end that will destroy your spirit and your will to achiveve greatness in life...

You are very young and you still have plenty of time... use it wisely and as much as possible...

Oct 19, 2008, 10:17 PM
    My apologies clough...
    Piano I just started learning, so I can tell you about music, but not playing it too much...

Bass I do know, and as matter of fact, I like apocalyptica, a 4 cello band... I don't know if you have heard about them...

As for helping a girl write a song, I don't consider myself a composer, but I can help put the pieces together...

I've heard a lot of classical, so you can tell me what kind of tune and mood you are looking for...

I will help as much as I can...

Oct 19, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Clough,

But I will tell you this... I've hear many pianists, from chopin to rachmaninoff...
    From there you can scale yourself and see where you are...

I can see you've been deeper than I am right now, and I congratulate you for getting out of it...

If there's anything else you need help, you have a worker here to help you...
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aloneIbreak View Post
    My apologies clough...
    Piano I just started learning, so I can tell you about music, but not playing it too much...

bass I do know, and as matter of fact, I like apocalyptica, a 4 cello band... I don't know if you have heard about them...

As for helping a girl write a song, I don't consider myself a composer, but I can help put the pieces together...

I've heard a lot of classical, so you can tell me what kind of tune and mood you are looking for....

I will help as much as I can....
    It's nice to have people to lean on who will support each other in many different ways! Thanks!

I think that I've heard of apocalyptica.

Would you like to see the thread where the song writing is happening?

Have you ever written lyrics that you would like to have set to music?

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2008, 10:35 PM

I've written poems, stories and short tales...

Never really showed them to anyone...
    I tried that before and nobody read them..

So I stopped.. It's been a long time I don't write...
    I've had some ideas, but nothing serious...

Again, no readers, why publish, right?

Yeah... Show me the thread, maybe I could lend a hand...

I tried writing songs before, but I didn't find sense in my words...
    kitten420 Posts: 237, Reputation: 20

Oct 19, 2008, 10:52 PM

Firstly always put yourself first! If your not happy your family won't be happy. If you think that your going to be a load on anyone's shoulders you shldnt feel that way. Its always best to talk to someone about your feelings and I bet in the end you will feel better. Life is nothing with out laughter , love , having fun, listening , learning, joy, pain, and sorrow even. Everybody has there ups and downs and most people in the world do feel the same way you are every once in a while. If you feel like you can't talk to anyone you can always find another solution for example write in a diary, go see a counselor, talk to your closest friend. If your friends just think of you as a burden which I am sure they don't. Maybe you need to find new friends. Talk to them about it and hopefully they will understand how you feel and will be by your side, but if not then you know to cut them lose. What exactly are you so upset about? And if you need someone to talk to you can always talk to anyone on here including me. When I feel the way you do I and I have nobody to talk to I always write in my diary or go on this website. You wouldn't believe how much it can help! Look for new hobbies that make you happy. Don't just let yourself go and the world around you. Think about it life is a beautiful and scary thing. Sometimes its good and sometimes its bad. But never give up on yourself. Just look for new and better things in your life or new ways to handle situation. Like forest gump says life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get. And when the going gets tough make lemonade. :) I hope all is well and if you need someone to talk to I would be glad to listen and give my advise. I am always looking for new people to talk to.
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2008, 10:55 PM

There's actually quite a number of us on this site who are interested in poetry, stories and tales of various sorts. Most of those threads are in the Writing topic area. You would get readers here...

If you have any interest in putting the words that you have written to music, I can help you to do that.

When I see words that need a tune and accompaniment, I can come up with something instantly. I'm not trying to brag. It's just that I have been writing and arranging music for a very long time.

The link to the thread is here. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/writin...ng-267729.html

It's already gone on for a number of pages...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search