Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilpadfoot16 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 09:23 PM
    How to get back in contact with an ex after a year?
    My boyfriend broke up with me a little over a year ago. Since then, I've had several bfs, but there's still something tying me to the first one. When he broke up with me, I totally screwed up. I made every mistake possible, trying to win him back, and then I finally realized I had to try to move on and started dating again. Several months later, I was back wanting the first guy. I emailed him to apologize for acting crazy and offered his stuff back, which I returned the next month, when I got back to school. He told me not to apologize or regret the past. Here I am again, wanting something with him. However, I haven't spoken to him since that last email in January, where he seemed polite enough to me and responded to what I said. I emailed him for the first time since today, just casually asking how he was doing and classes and such. I don't know if he's going to respond or not. I would like to ask for advice on how to get him noticing me again and what steps to take next, as to contacting him and such. My thoughts were to give him a few days and maybe send an email with something I've seen that might interest him. Any thoughts?
    GREGORY-V Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2008, 10:05 PM

Just tell him how u feel! Start by saying u miss him. If he does not know what to say then he has a GF. If u want something u got to take it.
    Ulysses Posts: 47, Reputation: 9

Oct 16, 2008, 10:42 PM

Hi, lilpad. I feel for you. I am going to be harsh though. There is nothing you can do to bring him back. He broke up with you. It's been a year, and you should have realised by now you can live without him.
    The truth about love is, albeit sounds trivial, you can't possess your loved ones. Sometimes you have to let them go to do what they want. Keep your feelings for him for yourself, it will make you stronger and richer.
    In the meantime, I'd suggest focusing on yourself, your personal growth, school, gym, hobbies... Have you dreamt of anything? Now is the time to take a step in the direction of your dream.

We are here to support and comfort you.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpadfoot16 View Post
    When he broke up with me, I totally screwed up. I made every mistake possible, trying to win him back...

Any thoughts??
    Well, it appears you were wrong. You didn't make every possible mistake. But it looks like you're on track to go back and finish the job. :-)

He broke up with you. There's nothing to win back here except you're life. As long as you keep reigniting heat on this burner he turned off long ago, you will keep burning yourself.

Note... burning yourself.

The memories will never go away. But, he already has. When are you going to take control of your life back and stop letting this imaginary--fantasy-man jerk you around? He's not real, and the real version of him is gone. He really is.

Really.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone ever get their Ex back after No Contact? [ 47 Answers ]

I have read a lot of posts where people recommend going No Contact after a break up. Most of the time I read this when the girl said to the guy "I need a break to figure out how I feel and if we should be together." Usually the girl says at first she doesn't want to date other people but usually...

1 year no contact for me! Stick with it people! [ 3 Answers ]

I have just realised that today is one year of no contact with my ex! It was my choice to initiate nc, I told her why I was doing it, and we haven't spoken since. I would urge anyone in a similar situation to stick with the NC, I am so much happier now. In fact, it has taken me until 12pm for me...

Girlfriend wants no contact.until new year. [ 19 Answers ]

Here is my story. I've been dating a women eight years younger than me (I'm 34, she's 26) for a little more than two years. She's sweet, caring and trustworthy. However, there was one thing that became a problem. In February, my roommate (younger brother) moved out because he was having financial...

21 year old son cut off contact with me [ 2 Answers ]

My 21 year old son is a senior in college with an upcoming wedding and graduate school. He excels academically and is a good kid. I asked him recently to check on his sister (they are at the same college) who had hurt her ankle the night before (I could not reach her that morning). He used to be...

Will my ex b/f come back to me or contact me again? [ 6 Answers ]

My b/f recently left me after 9 months to go back to someone he dated 4 years ago. We had plans for the future but as soon as he found out she was single again he left me to try and get back with her. They are now back together and I am devastated Please can someone tell me, is it going to last...

View more questions Search