Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fmeyerman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Java Install
    Hi There,

In my user profile it says that I am an administrator and I also know the administrator login and password for my computer, however I still cannot install Java as it says that they system administrator prevents this.

How can I get passed this and download it onto my laptop

Thank you

Fiona
    olivesandtrees Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2008, 11:50 AM

Is the system a company laptop in a domain? Your SysAdmin may have denied Java installs on domain computers with Group Policies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Java [ 3 Answers ]

Please will you help me with these questions... where can I find a great site that will help me answer these... 1/ Who developed Java and when? 2/ What are some unique features of Java? 3/ Is java used for websites or stand alone programs? 4/ What does it mean when I say java is an "object...

Install a Hard Drive - Install Error [ 11 Answers ]

HELP! I have a Compaq Presario 5333cl desktop with an Seagate 80GB HD (IDE). Running Windows XP SP2. Am using Casper XP 3.0 cloning software, (which worked perfectly on my Dell). Installed WD 320GB HD in disk #2 position. Both drives set to cable select. (Casper works within Windows, so...

Install java on cpu [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my cpu to let me download java?

Unable to install JAVA runtime [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have tried endless # of times but whenever I try to download/install Java, the installation thing starts and then almost within 20 seconds I get a dialog box with the following text: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access...

BATCH files silent install or unassisted install? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, :confused: I have many application's that I install at my place of employment. These applications have been packaged into a .exe, I currently install these apps VIA Batch files as there are many prerequisites required to install before installing the application itself i.e.. Oracle 9 etc....

View more questions Search