Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 06:10 PM
    How to lower pH of soil
    I'm told muriatic acid mixed in water will lower the pH of my soil. Does anybody know how much muriatic acid to mix in a 5 gallon bucket? Will this work if I pour it around the base of a deodar cedar evergreen? My soil is sandy with a pH around 8.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 17, 2008, 12:54 PM

Usually you would use sulphur or a product called miracid or Hollytone that is sold in bags, used by people who are trying to grow azaleas or rhododendrons. You want a dry product you mix with the soil to break down slowly, a water soluble one would wash away more quickly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soil Measurements [ 6 Answers ]

How is soil measured? By ton, pounds or etc.

Lower left abdomen and lower backpain [ 3 Answers ]

My lower left abdomen really hurts with my lower backpain and its just happen right after my husband and I have sex,but before that I frequently feel numb un my left arm and leg. :confused: someone help me...

Lowering Soil PH [ 2 Answers ]

I recntly ordered several fruit trees. My problem is that since that time we had a flash flood. It washed a layer of mud across my property. I removed the mud as much as possible but now I found that the soil has become verry Alcaline. Living in Arizona we expect Alcaline soil but this is between...

Soil pH [ 3 Answers ]

Heyy I was wondering why hide tide mark in the mangroves have acidic soil while at low tide mark, the soil tends to be alkaline

View more questions Search