Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vandotto Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Gateway monitor doesn't show anything
    I need some help in my destop, gateway GT5056, my monitor is also Gateway, FTD 1760 TFT, "EzMenu" display controls, 1280 x 1024 max. res.''. This morning I got a message from windows update, I hit it yes, and after that the color of my screen goes between blue, light yellow and green, then I restore the system for 2 days ago, and then when I start the PC, it start running (with same colors) I able to see windows logo, I receive message for update of display drivers and after that the screen gets black.
    When PC start I see windows logo and after that I cannot see anything, except a really tiny blue line in the real top of the screen. What happaned? It is to bad? I am lost.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 10:08 PM

After restore, does the PC start normally or problem?

Would start in safe mode and then go to device mgr and click + next to display adapter and right click on the adapter and choose unisntall and say OK

Close open windows and restart PC, should be OK now

Post back

Oct 17, 2008, 11:46 AM

After I star the problem persist, I can hear the PC working, but I cannot see anything in the screen, only a tiny blue line across in the top of the screen.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 12:07 PM

You can plug the monitor into another computer or laptop and see if it works normally there. If you get the same thing, you know your monitor is toasted.

Oct 17, 2008, 01:13 PM

I restore PC w/backup option, but the colors persist, can I do something to get back the normal colors on the screen?

Oct 17, 2008, 01:16 PM
    I plugged the monitor in other PC and it is perfect, also I plugged other screen in my PC and present same colors, (blue, green ans really light yellow)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 02:05 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode. Does the display return? If so, change the settings in Safe Mode to something lower than you usually use, then reboot normally again.

Fingers crossed.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 02:06 PM

And you have gone to device mgr and uninstalled adapter and restarted

What is listed as the present display adapter when you go to device mgr

Oct 18, 2008, 02:08 PM

I restore de PC w/ backup. But it was too bad the restore works and bring me back the image in the monitor, but no w/ backup, I lost all my info, the screen comes back but the color problem persist, my wife told me she some in the screen an update about display drivers settings or something like that and after she hit OK was the problem with the monitor,

Oct 21, 2008, 10:19 AM

After I restore whole system, the problem about colors w/monitor exist, also I got a problem when I try to restore system with backup but it doesn't created the backup, it is somehow I can recover my info? Or it just I lost it.

Oct 23, 2008, 02:52 PM

Hi guys, I got my screen w/normal colors again, thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardware detected but doesn't show up in my computer [ 3 Answers ]

My external hard-drive was working fine until I accidentally dropped it onto the ground. However after dropping it, I turned it on and it booted up fine, no weird noises etc. So I was somewhat hopeful that perhaps no damage had been done until I plugged it into my computer. It pops up in the...

Why doesn't my start menu show up when I turn on my computer? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't find my start menu se I can add/remove programs

Resolution on Monitor doesn't change [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need some help. Today I performed a destructive recovery on my PC, after it was done I noticed the resolution went from the 1280x1024 it had before, to 800x600. I have an LCD 1280x1024 monitor and I really want to use the appropriate resolution for it because it appeals to me more, so I...

Monitor doesn't show anything although computers on [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my computer monitor has stopped working from today and for no reason whatso ever. I was using the computer when the screen went a bit fuzzy and dark for some reason, I thought ill restart and it'll be OK but when I restarted nothing. No signal nothing, there's no problems with the monitor as it...

View more questions Search