Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    driss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 01:49 PM
    removed hardware uninstalled in device manager
    hiu. Installed network card not working (no driver says PC).removed and replaced by other card : same result... after changing 5 different cards (allworking in another PC),
    = yellow exclamation point on all of them, and all of them still appearing in device manager!! Upon right click and uninstall, windows refuses, "necessary for PC start!!
    Even tried new installation of XP (repair), same ol same ol!!
    anybody ?
    Regards
    DH

>Moved from Forum Help<
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 04:09 PM

Try to use ccleaner, run let it do repairs with no network card installed -

Restart PC and go to device mgr and if any exists, right click and try uninstall on all if any

Hopefully none showing in mgr anymore, then shutdown, install known working card and restart, then will try and address issue with 1 card you have installed

ccleaner (Freeware)

Download CCleaner 2.12.660 - FileHippo.com

On the right hand side, click download latest version

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Device manager problems [ 2 Answers ]

My device manager will not load. When it does open it closes quickly. It will nit allow my broadband to install. What do I do/how do I correct?

Device Manager [ 1 Answers ]

Hello My name is Shelley and I am having a problem with my Hardware Devices. Under Device Manager I have a yellow Question mark beside, OTHER DEVICES, and PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER. Can anyone tell me what this means please? Shelley

Device manager [ 4 Answers ]

I know now a little about IRQs and DMAs but I'm having problems about what IOs do. Thank you

Device Manager - Hardware Not Uninstalling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2.8Ghz computer running Windows XP, I have decided to set up a network and so I need to change my Cable modem from its current USB connection to a Ethernet connection in order to set up the network. However, when I go to Device Manager to uninstall the USB modem, it says: "Failed to...

View more questions Search