Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kendallc_4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 10:22 AM
    2 6wk kitten both walking funny
    Hi there. Okay I have 2 6wk old kittens. They are both doing the same thing. One started about a day or two before the other. When they walk, they walk kind of slow and walk with their hind legs in towards their front legs. They are not playful like they use to be and just lay around. They are not eating like use to either so they feel much skinnier. They would rather lay down or just sleep. This has happened within the past 4 days or so. Could this be some type of disease? They did have fleas since day one that we struggled to get rid of. They are gone now. Could they have gotten some kind of disease from the fleas? Please help. I really don't have the money to take them to the vet. I feel really bad for them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kendallc_4 View Post
    Hi there. Okay I have 2 6wk old kittens. They are both doing the same thing. One started about a day or two before the other. When they walk, they walk kinda slow and walk with their hind legs in towards their front legs. They are not playful like they use to be and just lay around. They are not eating like use to either so they feel much skinnier. They would rather lay down or just sleep. This has happened within the past 4 days or so. Could this be some type of disease? They did have fleas since day one that we struggled to get rid of. They are gone now. Could they have gotten some kind of disease from the fleas? Please help. I really dont have the money to take them to the vet. I feel really bad for them.

What did you do to get rid of the fleas? Kittens and puppies get poisoned by or have neurological problems from over the counter products regularly - and it's a tragedy because people either don't read or don't understand the directions on those products, think they are safe and think they are doing the right thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog walking [ 12 Answers ]

I am a teenager and I want to start a dog walking business around my neighbor to you know, earn a little extra spending money. I am very responsible and have all the sched. And things sorted but I was wondering, how much should I charge for a week? Should it change based on how many times a day I...

My sister saw someone walking with me, what does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

I was walking home one night from my girlfriend's house and my sister happens to head home at the same time but she was about a half a block behind me. I didn't find anything amiss, but when I got inside my sister came over and asked if I had walked home with someone. I hadn't and she said that it...

Cat urinating out of box & walking funny.and is anti-social [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older cat (no idea how old, I inherited her from a friend and have had her for at least 6-7 years), Smokey. She's a good cat... really sweet, but getting old and nowhere near as "feisty" as she used to be. Anyway... the first and more worrisome question is this: Smokey began showing...

Walking on the bed [ 1 Answers ]

My family has lived in this house for about 5 years now. Since we lhave llived in this house we have heard noises, such as someone walking, doors openning and closing etc. These noises so not occur often and do not occur at any particular time of day or night. On occasion we have seen like pages of...

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

View more questions Search