Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2008, 08:58 AM
    8 month lab started to pee in house
    My 8 month old labrador has recently started peeing in the house, even though he previously knew he had to go outside to do this. Not spraying but proper pees. If I'm out and about with him, he does his no.1 and 2's no problem, but if I let him in the garden he will not do anything, until he's back inside. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but he has not been neutered yet.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 09:03 AM

8 months old is still very young for a Lab Even the best of them are still puppies until age 3. Since he will do his business when on a walk, but not at home I first need to ask, did something scare him in the yard? Start taking him out in the yard on a leash and walk him around a bit looking for signs of being afraid, or not wanting to go in part of the yard. That to me could be teltale signs of fright.
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2008, 01:53 AM
    Thanks for your reply 450don. I am not aware of him being scared of anything in the garden, he doesn't seem to be scared of anything at all. I'll try walking him round the garden on his lead as suggested, and see if anything seems to frighten him. Thanks again for the advice.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 06:38 AM

Guess I should also mention that it might just be a simple case of laziness. My last Lab was from Guide Doge For the Blind and was very well trained. However laziness sometimes got the best of even him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Have I started my time of the month? [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: Okay, I'm kind of scared about this. I THINK I started my peroid. March 9th, I started It, but then I didn't have it again till June 8th I think. But It's like the 28th, and I have not even have signs.

Started my period for the 3 time this month. [ 6 Answers ]

Wow! I don't know where you want me to begin. (just so you know I've been forced to have sex with more guys than what I expected too in my whole life). Lat week or the week before, I had my regular period, then I had it for 4 more days after that. (I psted it up on here). Anyway When I was bleeding...

9 month old pug just started poopin in crate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old pug that just started in the last 4 days pooping in her crate. I live in Vancouver BC and we have had weather really hot above average. We have for a few months had no seperator in the crate and all was well. She would poop in the house outside of the crate every few days...

7 month old pug started peeing on my bed! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. She is 7 months old and potty trained. What could be wrong.I have not spayed her yet. :confused: Please help me

Dog started pooping in cage after 1 month [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this dog trianing thing. We bought a pug 5 weeks ago. He is 4 months old. The first month was perfect... no pee or poop ever in the crate. We this week he suddenly started to pee and poop in crate. The only thing I changed was his bed because he was eating the fur off the bed. ...

View more questions Search