Ask
    prashant kumar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Engineering mechanics
    What is diffrence between mechanical enginering and engineering mechanics
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 16, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Engieering mechanics is the study of how things behave under forces. Typical topics include kinematics, stress/strain analysis of beams and plates, and perhaps behavior of linkages - there may be others, but that's what I remember from my undergraduate days. Mechanical Engineering is a broader field of study - although it includes the basic elements of engineering mechanics, it gets into other topics such as fluid mechanics and heat transfer, and study in specialized areas such as aeronautical engineering, bio-mechanics, automotive enginering, etc.
    seriouslion Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 10:15 PM

Engineering mechanics is a small part of a larger branch of engineering i.e. mechanical engineering..
    Those who are doing graduation in mechanical engineering study it as a subject...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanical Engineering versus Aeronautical Engineering [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking about the relationship between Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering postgraduate degree after completing Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree? How is the demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

Honda Mechanics [ 3 Answers ]

My little Honda CRX is driving unusual. When I go over 50 mph and push breaks my steering wheel starts to vibrate and shaking, the whole front of the car is shaking. It only happens when I push breaks and try to slow down. What causes that? Balancing tires? Need new brake shoes? New tires? Thanks...

Structural mechanics. [ 1 Answers ]

How do columns behave under load?

View more questions Search