Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Questions2007 Posts: 127, Reputation: 26

Oct 16, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Should I be worried about my ex? Should I even care?
    I posted a while ago on here about my ex. We broke up some 18 months ago, stayed in touch for a bit, then it wasn't right so I decided on No Contact, that was 14 months ago and I haven't contacted her since and she hasn't contacted me.

I am well and truly not interested in getting back with her, for ages I wanted her back, then I was angry with the way she acted, to be honest now I am ambivalent, I miss the good times we had but know to ever go back would be a disaster.

One of my friends recently went to a wedding, and the person getting married is also friends with my ex. My friend was showing me the photos and to say the pictures of my ex made me take notice is an understatement.

When she was younger, 16 or 17, my ex suffered from anorexia, she got over it and was fine for years. She is now 28. When we were together she was a normal size, and had been for years, she could be described as quite curvy, she looked after herself but was not skinny at all.

In the photo I saw from the wedding my ex looks dangerously thin. I am not even saying she has lost a bit of weight, she has become very very skinny, to the point where she looks odd with it when stood next to other people.

I am concerned she may have lapsed back into problems. It may not even be something I should concern myself with but I would be interested in what people think?

I would also be interested in if people think I should contact her to see if she is OK or if I should steer clear?
    imzz46 Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Oct 16, 2008, 03:54 AM

It's perfectly understandble for you to be worried. You shared a relationship with her, you loved her and deep down there is probably always going to be a part of you that cares about her.

It depends how badly things ended between you two as to whether you feel you should contact her. If things were really bad then it might be better for the both of you to stay clear of one another. On the other hand she may really appreciate hearing from you and you may be able to offer some sort of help.

It really depends on whether you think it is a good idea if you bring her back into your life- even just as a friend.

It sounds like she is dangerously ill... and definitely needs help. If you don't think it's best for you personally to help her, maybe you should track down someone else who can?

Best of luck with it all.
    Questions2007 Posts: 127, Reputation: 26

Oct 16, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imzz46 View Post
    It's perfectly understandble for you to be worried. You shared a relationship with her, you loved her and deep down there is probably always going to be a part of you that cares about her.

It depends how badly things ended between you two as to whether you feel you should contact her. If things were really bad then it might be better for the both of you to stay clear of one another. On the other hand she may really appreciate hearing from you and you may be able to offer some sort of help.

It really depends on whether you think it is a good idea if you bring her back into your life- even just as a friend.

It sounds like she is dangerously ill ... and definately needs help. If you don't think it's best for you personally to help her, maybe you should track down someone else who can??

Best of luck with it all.
    Things ended OK. She ended the relationship and ran the "lets stay friends line". At first I avoided that but then we saw a bit of each other. It became clear that just being friends wouldn't work, mainly from my point of view, as at the time I still wanted to be with her. I initiated no contact and told her I was doing this, she was upset, but agreed it was in both out best interests to try and move on.

I am not sure she is dangerously ill. She looks very thin, but not ill thin, just like she has lost too much weight, and I wanted to make sure she is OK before it perhaps gets out of control which it did when she was younger.

There is also another complicating factor from my point of view, I have started seeing someone recently, and for the first time in ages I have found someone I really like. She may not be too keen on me getting back in touch with the ex!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2008, 06:02 AM

Leave this alone, as its not your business, and she may not want you in it. She is a big girl, and will take care of herself.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 16, 2008, 08:19 AM

She is a big girl, but with this particular disease, she's capable of killing herself, too.

If you're not going to stand at her side for a length of time and confirm this/deal with this yourself, you probably SHOULD express your concerns to someone you KNOW is in her life and can possibly have an effect.

I wouldn't ignore it. No, you can't DO anything about it, but you can point it out to those who possibly can. THEN leave it alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Should I be worried. [ 1 Answers ]

I think I might be pregnant. I have been getting head aches, dizzy spells, my teeth hurt ( Never did before since I brush reg.) I recently just found out I have a yeast infection which I heard is very common in pregnant women. Could these be signs of pregnancy or just a yeast infection? Also I...

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

View more questions Search