Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Can residents of Ohio open banking accounts in Kentucky
    Hi, can residents of Ohio open bank accounts in Kentucky?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 15, 2008, 10:26 PM

I'm an Ohio resident and I opend one in WV. It's not Kentucky but...
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    I'm an Ohio resident and I opend one in WV. It's not Kentucky but....
    Thank you for your help
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 15, 2008, 10:58 PM

I'm afraid it wasn't quite the answer you were looking for :(
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 16, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by united we stand View Post
    Hi, can residents of Ohio open bank accounts in Kentucky?
    Sure, why not? Be aware that in some states (like Mass) they have a higher income tax rate on interest earned from out-of-state banks that they do for interest from in-state banks. Not sure whether Ohio may have a similar provision? Also, there may be differences between OH and KY on consumer protection laws for bank customers - most people wouldn't care, but you may want to check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free banking accounts [ 4 Answers ]

I have read a lot about free banking coming to an end in the future but for now can someone recommend a fee-free bank account that has a debit card, internet banking and that will allow direct debits? I currently have a basic workers account and only have a cash card (can't pay in shops) which is...

Banking accounts [ 3 Answers ]

Since the FDIC only insures bank accounts up to $100,000, how do you insure over $100,000 in a banking institution?

Is interest income of a citizen of China he gets in the US banking accounts taxable [ 8 Answers ]

Does one have to file tax return for the interest income from CD or money market accounts in US if the person is living in China full time? What about the income for the work performed in China he is paid for to his banking account in US by US company? He used to live here and he has social...

How is an APY different than an APR? Anyone tried the Online Direct Banking accounts? [ 1 Answers ]

How is an APY different than an APR. I am getting a 5% APY on savings on an online account. Is there a better option for me where I will need the cash in the near future. I have approx. 7K saved in the savings account with a 5% APY.

View more questions Search