Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrogdorLimozeen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Too young to audition for this specific show?
    I am 11 and would like to audition for a part in jesus Christ superstar. I KNOW I am to young to get any major part, but I can wait until I'm older for that. I would accept ensemble or even just someone who sings 2 lines in "Hossana". However, no one seems to be doing a production of it around my area, so it is LONG overdue. So, am I too young to be in JCS?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 10:27 PM

Hi, TrogdorLimozeen!

I don't recall there being any parts for children in that show. It's been a long time since I have seen it. Do you know if there are parts for children in it?

Whether you would get cast or not would also depend on who is doing the production. A lot of shows that are done by mostly adults can also be performed by children and/or youth in school situations.

Do you have the opportunity to try-out to be in musicals and/or plays at the school that you attend?

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Hi, TrogdorLimozeen!

I don't recall there being any parts for children in that show.[/QUOTE]
    I think in the movie, there was one part, of an ensemble, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Do you have the opportunity to try-out to be in musicals and/or plays at the school that you attend?
    Yes, they may do the production, as I requested it to the drama director. If I am actually cast into it, (if they even decide on it) I'd LIKE to play jesus, I can even hit the high note from Gethsemane. I may be rambling, but yeah.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 10:46 PM

If you have a drama director, what kind of school is it that you go to, please? Most schools that I know of where grade school age children attend don't have a drama director. Or, is the drama director, just another teacher who is considering directing a production of some kind?

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2008, 11:06 PM

Middle school, and it's a science teacher that has a drama club, and they will be putting on a musical, I am also in the club so there is a high chance I'll be in the show.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TrogdorLimozeen View Post
    Middle school, and it's a science teacher that has a drama club, and they will be putting on a musical, i am also in the club so there is a high chance i'll be in the show.
    That's cool!

Would you please let me know what other sort of things that you might be involved in that are about art, music or drama? There are a number of us on this site who really like to discuss and support each other in those types of areas.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to sing for an audition [ 2 Answers ]

:) Im a 13 year old girl trying out for a musical, into the woods. I may/may not sing with another person (13 year old girl) and I was wondering what would be a good song to sing. I have a medium to low voice, meaning I can't really hit the high notes. Any songs that are maybe upbeat or medium...

The audition is over - Now What? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I am just wondering if someone can give me some insight as to what happens now after the audition? I was told I did very well and I take direction extremely well. Then they thanked me profusely for coming. They had quite a few people auditioning yesterday after me. So what now? Do they...

Musical audition [ 3 Answers ]

I am auditioning to become an entertainer! Mainly a singer and need 2 up to date audition songs for a female vocalist! Anyone any ideas? One needs to be a ballad and one uptempo!?

Specific late 80s or early 90s show. [ 1 Answers ]

I got thinking of this show I used to watch when I was little, but I cannot remember the title of it and now it is driving me crazy. :confused: I remember it was about these 3 characters (one was a red panda with a safari hat, one a fat panda and I a third one of whom I cannot remember any...

View more questions Search