Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smokechaser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Leak around Dishwasher door
    I have a Whirlpool Quiet Wash Plus that is about 6 years old. Model # DU920PFGQ3. Have had no problems until this week. It started leaking around the bottom of the door. It's only a drip but I can't see a way to stop it. Any Ideas? Thanks
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Oct 15, 2008, 05:59 PM

Check your gasket for hard water build up or some other material stuck on it.the gasket goes all around the door and is usually black rubber. If there is any buildup try removing it by rubbing it off with a wash cloth.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 08:21 PM

Another tip for dishwashers is:

Run an empty load with lemon koolaid(sweetened),this breaks down the hard water build-up and keeps the inside clean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower door leak [ 4 Answers ]

I installed a new shower door (stall shower) and no matter how much I caulk it, it leaks on the left hand side bottom (facing the outside of the door). I took it down and installed it again but it still leaks. What can I do or what is the problem?

Opening A Dishwasher Door When Running [ 1 Answers ]

My husbands complains that I sometimes open the dishwasher when it has first started to cycle to add a few leftover dishes that would fit in the dishwasher. He claims that by doing this I can weaken the seal and cause the dishwasher to leak. I think it is made like a frigde seal which is made to...

Dishwasher Jet dry leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced the cap for the Jet Dry in my Whirlpool dishwasher and it still leaks the jet dry when I close the door and the dishwasher is not in use. I see the blue liquid running down the door. I have even let the liquid go almost to empty and it still leaks. Is this a normal thing with...

Dishwasher door [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a new GE Tall Tub dishwasher, but now a few weeks later I cannot get the door to open after setting it to wash the di. There is no apparent blockage, but I do not know what to try first.

View more questions Search