Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlangone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2003, 05:30 PM
    Illegal garnishment?
    I moved to Phoenix from Omaha, NE 4 years ago. Two years ago I sold my house in Omaha, carrying back a loan to the buyer. In selling the house, I paid back all judgments and debts on record, and title company gave me a clear title.

A few months later, an ex-wife had a lawyer garnish the monthly payment from the buyer to me, without notice to me. She had had a judgment against me, but the title insurance company missed it.

I have been offered the opportunity of a hearing to dispute the garnishment. I live on disability and cannot afford to travel to Omaha. I need to know if this garnishment is legal. Do I have any recourse? Is there a way to get a lawyer to plead my case in Omaha? >:(
    g4z00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2004, 09:53 PM
    illegal garnishment?
    Hi, I have a question about the legalities of garnishment. My bank account was wiped clean! Savings and all for something I have have not been too deliqent on and in contact with the garnishing corp. My question is can I sue because I received no notification about the garnihsment? I could have used my bank cards and been charged over draft fee's!

Thank You!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal aliens [ 62 Answers ]

With over 10 million illegal aliens in the U.S who is to blame and how would you solve this problem?:cool:

Illegal bank lien [ 3 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My father, a disabled retiree, had his bank account frozen or levied yesterday. His only income is from social security, no other income. As it turns out the debt is mine, his daughter's. I was added to his bank...

Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering is there a limit to what can be garnished? I know that the court can order wage garnishment and bank account Garnishment/freeze, but can they touch my retirement account? My husband's separate savings account? Can they order me to sell the house that is under my husband's name?...

Unethical or Illegal? [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently terminated from employment. I have my immediate supervisor that tells me I violated policy and therefore am being terminated. I contested the violations to him and he admitted that the violations were without merit 'to him'. I have a witness to this discussion. An employee of...

Illegal Operation--Help? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi-- When I log off on Window's 98SE--after a few minutes, when I try to get back on--it say's I have performed an illegal operation--it say's the reason is--"MPREXE"--can anyone please tell me what this means? And what I can do to correct it--Thank you--

View more questions Search