Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smith32137 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Hampton bay remote and fans
    OK I moved into this house and there are two hampton bay fans with lights
    On both fans the lights do not work. On one of the fans I cannot get the
    Fan to go on to whatever speed I want, it is at the lowest and will not change.
    Now I found a remote here from hampton bay and someone things it controls
    The master bedroom fan, I put in a new battery , the red light goes on but
    Does not control either fan. What do I do. There are switches also on the
    Wall but they are only for on and off. Please help. Thank you
    Remote model is uc7078t, it is very hard to read. As for the model number
    Of the fans I need to know where to look because I don't see anything on the
    Outside from standing below them.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 09:37 AM
    The fans, do they have pullchains or switches on the fan body? If not they are remote fans and you will need to get remotes for them set to the proper frequencies.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
    smith32137 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2006, 10:39 AM
    They have pull chains but the only one that works is to the fan speed all the rest
    Do not. Do not want remotes. The swtiches on the wall do turn on the fans
    And light switch on the wall does not turn on lights. Is there a way to make
    These work without the remote.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Ok, if each fan has two pullchains, either they do not use remotes or the remotes were and add-on kit. Look in the fan canopy to see if a remote receiver is wired, and if so, remove it. If not follow these troubleshooting instructions:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...ng-and-FAQ.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Remote and fans [ 8 Answers ]

I am not sure how to answer the question you sent so I am just starting over Not sure how to use this web site yet. My question is I have two fans with pull Chains, I can hand control one for speed, the other I can not. There are switches on the walls that turn on the fans but the switch for...

Harborbreeze ceiling fans with remote [ 1 Answers ]

I recently dropped my remote and now I can't get it to work - I even changed the battery - so with that, now I can't get the fan to turn on with the wall switch either. Does anyone know what I can do - or where I can buy a new remote Thanks,

Remote for ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan "the Pearl"model 178-210. Could you tell me if it is compatible with a remote? If so, is there any particular one I should purchase.

Hampton Bay ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

We are installing two Hampton Bay ceiling fans on a cathedral ceiling in a two story great room. For efficiency purposes, do the fans need to be mounted on poles, or can they be installed tight to the ceiling?

View more questions Search