Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlimGizmo Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Growth under top fin of goldfish
    I have a gold fancy goldfish which has a white, lumpy growth on the side. It doesn't seem to be affecting the fish it still eats etc. All the other fish are OK, its getting bigger. Can anyone help??
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 01:31 PM

Can you post a picture?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Sounds like a fungus infection.
    Get some fish medication that treats fungus. I trust and use Jungle brand fungus fizz tabs.
    It stains, so décor must be removed, but it's an excellent medication.

Oct 16, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Name:  PICT0307.jpg
Views: 13714
Size:  59.4 KB
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Now that looks like a tumor. Unfortunately goldfish get them by no fault of the owner.
    Depending on the rate of growth, your fish will live happily with the growth.
    However their life span is much shorted than a fish w/o a tumor.
    Not much treatment for tumors. You could try some melafix .

Oct 17, 2008, 02:50 AM
    Thanks, I'll try the melafix

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abnormal large growth/tumour on the side of a fancy goldfish [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have had my current goldfish for a few years now, They have always been perfectly healthy, except one of them has a large growth on the side of it, it has been growing for about two years now, and it really is huge. It is the normal colour of the fish and doesn't seem to affect my...

Goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

I have two new goldfish just put into a fish bowl yesterday and now today the water is cloudy. What should I do?

My goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

Lately my goldfish have been swimming around the top a lot. :confused: They will go a little above the water and come back down.:confused: They will go near the bubbles and come back down. Sometimes they will go all the way down. But most of the time they are swimming around the top. Why are they...

Goldfish Help [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a goldfish for 6 years and she has survived a lot of sickness! I live in a small apartment and am currently having some remodeling work done. Since the work has begun, my goldfish tank has become very cloudy and I believe it is from the incredible dust being caused by the construction....

Goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goldfish in my water garden and it's forever upside down. It swims for a little while the correct way then it's either facing down with it's tail up or upside down. Should I be worried about this.

View more questions Search