Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    22marry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Change of name

My son was born in NJ, his fater's name is not in his birth certificate, now I am married to his fater and we want to change his name, how can we do that?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2008, 12:24 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

If the Father's name was not on the because, you will need a court order to add his name. This may also require a paternity test.
    22marry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone elses. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

if the Father's name was not on the b/c, you will need a court order to add his name. This may also require a paternity test.
    Do I need to go to NJ to do that
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 02:04 PM

You should be able to do this in your state, if all you want is a simple name change,

If you want to get father actually added to birth certificate, then yes you will have to file in the state where the birth certificate is issued.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why?

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

He wants me 2 change but I don't know how [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been dating basically ever since we first got into college and we been officially together for a year now... he says now that I drive him crazy because I ask him so many questions and he hates that like questions such as if I ask him more than once where he is when he...

How to change [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend keeps fighting and he says it's because of the way I speak to him and my attitude I'm wondering how to change and I'm sceared of losing him I also have a bad aggressive side to me and I let thing's bother me with I just want to know how to change the way I am or what to do about...

Who can change your pd [ 3 Answers ]

Why would the courts change a pd with out cause?:confused:

View more questions Search