Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    byron2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2006, 12:31 AM
    Male yeast infection
    Does anyone know of a way of curing a penile yeast infection naturally?. without using drugs of any kind. Your answer would be much appreciated.thanks!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 07:38 AM
    No. "without drugs of any kind" is not going to work.

You can try an over the counter anti-fungal, but the only real way to lick it is to get a prescription.

You probably know yeast infections in men are rare. Were you diagnosed with it by a Doctor? If so, did he pretty much tell you same as above?

May 31, 2006, 01:21 PM
    No I was not diagonosed by a doctor. I have red and itchy/irritated head of forskskin, some white puss, small red marks I can't think of what else it would be mabye infected by some other bacteria? It started after having sex with my wife and not cleaning properley. A number of times. Being in a fair amount of discomfort yesterday(really hurt to pull the forskin back) I cleaned him out and aired out, and then again this morning. A lot of the irriattion and pain is gone along with the little red spots and inflammation. So I was wondering If yeast infections go away on their own?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 31, 2006, 01:23 PM
    No, they do not. The best med is to go to the doc and get Diflucan. One pill, one day, then gone.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Please go to your doctor, first to be sure this is what it is, and next to get the correct meds to fix the problem.

Also the signs can disappear temp and come back but you could still be contagious, so please check with your doctor.

May 31, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Thank you for your advice, it is reasuring to get the positive suggestions. I feel hesitant about going to the doctor, at least for a couple of days. I was reading a web site trying to find out what was the affecting me, I read about a condition called balanitis. The site says balanitis is a growth of organisms. Usually caused by improper hygiene, diabeties, obeisidy, and chemical irritants. It also says it is not sexually transmitted. The method of treatment is cleaning- with water, and airing out- basically making an unlivable environment for the organisms.
    The symptoms of balanitis are similar to mine so I'm hoping for the best. Your information has helped me to think of what to do, thank you.

Jun 1, 2006, 04:45 PM
    Went to the doctor, was'nt too painful. Yep yeast infection, I got the cream
    (antifungal) now 10 days on the road to recovery!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with yeast infection [ 6 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I have been having a recurring yeast infection for the past 5 months. It first started when I was on some antibiotics. I went to my doctor and they prescribed monistat. It cleared the infection up within a week. However, about 5 weeks later, around my period, my infection...

Yeast infection? [ 3 Answers ]

These were my other posts that will help me explain my new one. I have found a birth control that's doesn't make me feel sick and it has help my period so that it has finally stopped. I am getting a lot of discharge now which before I was told was overgrowth in yeast. This would be the third time...

Ear infection [ 6 Answers ]

My dog has an ear infection and the vet prescribed some ear drops. I was wondering if what Labman suggested for cleaning the ears can be done easily or should I have someone show me first then do it on my own. I really would hate to screw up his hearing or balance in case I poke something in the...

View more questions Search