Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

May 30, 2006, 11:36 PM
    Community Service
    This may sound stupid and all but, a few months ago I came across a dog that was being badly abused and starved... so I notified the animal cops. It has been a few months now and the dog is still left to die, they did nothing about it. Well... I now find myself wanting to do something, like volunteer my time to help animals but I just don't know where and for what. But I also get emotional over pain easly and I don't like to look at anything in pain(to the point where I get health problems) so is there anything I can do that doesn't including that?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 03:45 AM
    You could take the dog to the local Humane Society. And if volunteering re animals in need is a desire, I'd bet the Humane Society is always looking for help. Maybe you could even help find owners for the animals that would otherwise be euthanized if homes are not found for them.
    ... just a thought...
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 31, 2006, 08:31 AM
    You might consider visiting an animal shelter - as Rick mentioned - once every couple of weeks and giving the animals there some attention. Play with the dogs, pet the cats - See the other animals that come in... I try to do this once a month with my wife.

Because of your medical note, I would not recommend you volunteer at a shelter. Volunteering at an animal shelter will regularly expose you to abused and injured animals... And many of the animals that come in and you get to know will be put down. It can be very sad.

Spacing your visits out let's you help individual animals that are there during your visit and spares you the emotional pain.
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

May 31, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Thank you for your advice... I will contact the humane society.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does an inexpensive southern beach community exist? [ 7 Answers ]

We are hoping to relocate to a location in one of the southern states that is near the ocean, has a quaint charm (like a walkable main street) and doesn't cost a fortune. After we do retire - we will possibly be able to afford approximately 250$ tops. Is there a place with these features? Can't...

View more questions Search