Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harmony32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 10:21 PM
    My boyfriend asked for a break does this mean its over or he just needed his space?
    Hi, everyone
    I'm very confused right now, I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months,his family knows me & like me & mutual feelings with my family.. his feeling toward me is that he loves me and his in love with me, things are really great between us until tonight, he had physical relationship in the past with this woman before he meet me, but there relationship didn't last long, but they both decided to stay friends, e-mailing each other & talking on the phone now & then when she needs help on advice not much on his end, I had a problem with that, I told my boyfriend nicely, babes I love you & trust you but at the sametime I don't feel comfortable your friendship with her is waaay to close, he said there nothing more then just a friends they been friends for years,yes I feel jealous about it, now we got into another fight about the same person they still keep e-maling each other & he got mad were both yelling at each other then he said I need a BREAK, does that means my relationship with him is over & he won't ever call me back?or he just need sometimes.. and we got plans ahead already for me going to his familys house for thankgiving on nov 27.. I don't know what to think & I don't know what to do, do I call him? Or just wait for him to call me?. I'm really scared I do love him & I don't want to lose him.. please help me out.. thank you
    xia lin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 10:53 PM
    Maybe he just needs space. Try talking to him again when everythings cool. Guys don't like woman who are pushy. Also if you can't stop him from emailing the girl, why don't you befriend with the girl instead of getting jealous. This way, you'll understand why is she acting such and what is the reason that your boyfriend keeps on helping her every time she needs him. Who knows, you might also be of help in the future. Your boyfriend might appreciate you more if you try doing it. Loving a person means sacrifice. Sacrifice means accepting everything. It is like martyrdom. I should know. Been through a lot of relationship. Been on my lowest and on my top. I hope this helps girl buzz me anytime you need more advices or just wanted someone to talk to. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 07:28 AM

He wants space, give it to him, as YOU need some time to reflect on your own reactions, and behavior.

5 months is much to soon to know someone, and expect someone to change what they are doing for you. That's not realistic, nor practical.

So leave him alone, and let the emotional dust settle, before you do anything.

Arguing and screaming, is not the best way to communicate your concerns, or feelings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She asked for space after a big fight [ 11 Answers ]

All right guys back again, last year went through the same thing in a post under pablocruz696, now going through it again only this time moved out. It seems things made a change for the worse we split up right after the holidays and she got to meet the whole family, and once came back she was going...

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

My girlfriend asked for space? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend just recently said that we needed some space apart. We have been together for 3 yrs and headed in the direction of marriage. Our relationship has been great, and have not had any real issues. The other weekend she went to a friends wedding and got very drunk. Her actions made her...

My boyfriend asked for a break, what should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have two yrs together, and known each other for about 7 yrs. Lately he's been talking to his ex girlfriend a lot. I know he cares for her because there was a time in his life where he was going throw a lot and she was there for him so he lives with this thing that he feels like...

My boyfriend asked for a break [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend told me 4 days ago that he wanted a break.. we have been dating for 2 months. I had to ask quite a few times what was wrong because he was looking really glum and wouldn't tell me what was wrong. He said that his parents where putting too much pressure on him and that he has so much to...

View more questions Search