find the answer
    evaluate the function for f(x)=x^2+8 and g(x)=x-9
    1.) (fg)(-5)

2.) (f-g)(-8)

help I can't get the right answer
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 10:05 AM

Your notation here is a bit confusing. For the first question, is that supposed to be f(-5)*g(-5), or is it f(g(-5))?

If the latter, then what you do is first find the value of g(-5), then shove that value as x into f(x).

I've not seen the notation (f-g)(-5) before - perhaps it means f(-5) - g(-5)? If so, then it's pretty straight forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you find this answer? [ 7 Answers ]

Estimate how many books can be shelved in a college library with 3500 square meters of floor space. Assume 8 shelves high on both sides, with corridors 1.5 wide. The books are about 4 cm thick on average. The answer is 700,000 books but I don't know how to get it.

Where do I find the answer? [ 3 Answers ]

Let me re-word this question... I live right outside Atlanta and I want to go into graphic design. I have been to 3 technical colleges in the area this week and no one seems to know the answer. The schools I visited all offered Drafting Technology Degrees and Diplomas but I couldn't even find...

Trying to find an answer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im A New User, Just Browsing The Internet To Try And Find An Answer To My Problem. I Am Trying For A Baby And A Week Before My Peroid Was Due I Had A Really Light Bleed For 3 Days, More Brown Than Red. Now Im 4 Days Past My Period Due Date, And I Am Always Regular, I Have Done About 5 Tests, All...

View more questions Search