Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberlachelle Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2008, 06:04 PM
    I want to get into the paranormal field?
    Hi. I am wanting to get into the paranormal field. I live about 45 min from Charlotte, NC and I am unaware of anywhere that I can get any experience. I have investigated a couple abandoned houses near where I live, and surprisingly enough I caught some evps, orbs, and images. I know with my inexperience, I can say something is paranormal, when there is a scientific explanation. If there is anyone out there that can help, please let me know.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Oct 25, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Well everything starts with notions. Orbs can be confused with dust particles or light in fractures in the camera. I know from some of the shots I get in my pictures (mostly family or places visited) I have caught a lot of interesting things. Orbs are very defined... they will come in various colors... the ones I catch around family are white from far but on image close up they are perfectly round and green/red on the outside with green worms (or so it appears) on the inside. The one on my wedding day when I walked down the isl that someone else took evidenced a massive orb about the half the size of my body walking down on the other side of my father and there was no mistake that it was my grandfather because I felt him holding my other hand. This one was white, green and yellow... the inside of the orb shows pattern. In the forest I caught streaking lights of green everywhere... maybe fairies of the forest or native spirits... I have no explanation of that. Just have a close look and really try to stay objective. Also note that a presence of an orb does not define that there is a spirit... it may just simply be a cluster of energy. Collaborating all your evidence and composing into a report may reveal interesting results that may lead you to other conclusions. It's like high school or university all over again... a learning process.

EVP is exciting... if using a tape make sure it is a new tape and that your not recording over old tapes... same with film but generally if you catch something and you know its not you... how would you describe it? Can you understand what is being said? Communicate while recording. Some spirits will respond and others will be caught as though trauma was trapped within the very walls you are investigating. There are various types of spirits/entities and other phenomena out there. I suggest reading into some books that interest you. Knowledge is power.

You may also want to use metal rods, digital equipment and thermo.

Also do you have any natural gift?

Oct 25, 2008, 11:25 AM

Hi April. Thanks for the reply. To answer your question about a gift. I believe that I am very in tuned of what is going on around me, and I trust what my body is telling me, but as far as a gift, I don't think so. I do use dowsing rods, a digital recorder, and a digital camera. What I know about orbs is that they have to have their own source of light, they have their own flight pattern, and they are usually spherical in shape. As far as the evps go, I could understand what most were saying. I did ask questions, but they seemed to just say what thdy wanted to. I had 1 to say my name, another whispered, "Let them talk." Also I heard a voice say, "Do you believe?", and a very small child saying, "Da, Da." There was more, but these were the more clear ones. Now, mind you, I got these in 3 visits. Ever since, I have been excited about doing this as a service.
    shadowwatcher Posts: 4, Reputation: -2

Oct 25, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amberlachelle View Post
    Hi. I am wanting to get into the paranormal field. I live about 45 min from Charlotte, NC and I am unaware of anywhere that I can get any experience. I have investigated a couple abandoned houses near where I live, and suprisingly enough I caught some evps, orbs, and images. I know with my inexperience, I can say something is paranormal, when there is a scientific explanation. If there is anyone out there that can help, please let me know.
    your god can't help you now!

Oct 25, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Ok well you seem to understand the just of it but what is it you actually want to know then? How to start a business out of it?

Oct 25, 2008, 04:14 PM

This is Amber again and 1st off, I want to ask shadowwatcher what he/she meant about saying my god can't help me now. Looking back at my post, I don't see where I was asking about that. Although, I do believe in god, and believe that he can always help in my quest. So what did you mean? Back to April, I guess what I am looking for is somewhere I could be around seasoned investigators, and soak up some knowledge. Amber

Oct 25, 2008, 06:48 PM
    shadowwatcher put this on a few posts... think they where trying to add humor to this post amongst others :). Anyway I see now what you are getting at. Google is a powerful tool... maybe search around for some investigators in or around your area, I searched "Paranormal Investigators in Charlotte, NC" and pulled up a few businesses, associations, groups and societies. View their sites/feeds and contact them I am sure they would love to have you on board especially with your findings. I would do up a report and attach all the findings as Exhibit A, B, C etc. It's a great start to a portfolio! I hope I have helped a bit! Good luck.

Oct 26, 2008, 02:58 PM

Thanks April for all your help. I have searched for local teams as well, but I guess I was worried that they get a lot of inquiries, and really thought that they wouldn't take me seriously. I do think I will take your advice as far as showing them my evidence. Maybe that will sat me apart from the rest. Oh yeah! Are you a paranormal investigator? If not, you have a lot of knowledge about it. Thanks again! Amber

Oct 26, 2008, 07:35 PM
    No not a PI but I would love to ponder places and things. I have experience in other ways lets just say :). Anytime I can help! It was nice meeting you.

Oct 27, 2008, 08:25 PM

It was nice meeting you as well. I am sure that we will cross paths again. It seems that we might have a few things in common. Oh yeah! I wanted to mention to you that my fiancé and I are working on our paranormal research society site. I just figured that we could try and start a team of our own. Not saying that I wouldn't still want to team up with someone who is already established, to get some experience. Anyway, just thought you might like to know. Amber

Oct 27, 2008, 08:27 PM
    That's great Amber... you should send me the link I would love to look into it. I think your approach is the best. Do some back round checks at different sites to get ideas. The key is always to be creative in any approach.

Nov 8, 2008, 06:45 PM

Thank you April. I am sorry is has taken me a while to get back to you, but I have been going through some personal issues. Anyway, when we get a team together, get some more equipment, and complete our site, I will send you a link. It is possible that it could be delayed, because as I mentioned earlier, we are having to deal with some personal stuff right now. But, it's not going to discourage me at all. I look forward in taking a leap, and doing something I am passionate for, and that I truly believe in. Thanks again! Amber

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get into the paranormal field? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am very interested in the paranormal. I live in a small town about 45 min from Charlotte, NC and I don't know where I could get some experience. I have been going to a couple of abandoned houses near where I live, and surprisingly enough I caught some evps, orbs, and possibly an image of a...

Paranormal [ 4 Answers ]

My brother in laws brought a women home too their mothers house whilst she was a away whilst one of the boys was with the women down stairs she started talking all gibberish like in another language anyway the brother went to sleep and after a few hours the other brother came in to find the women...

The paranormal [ 2 Answers ]

Is the paronormal real?:confused: how far can we take it? Is anything possible?

Paranormal Job Quest [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all! Just wanted to know if anyone found success on getting a job dealing with the paranormal? I am very interested in that querry myself. I read tarot cards, but I have not memorized the meanings so every time I read cards I have to look the meaning up in the book, but I stay...

My first Paranormal experience [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Well this is my story. I’m in Cornwall (UK) and there’s a haunted castle called Pengasick castle, apparently one of the most haunted in the UK. They were doing a ghost night there so I went allot with my mum and some friends, its was a good night They decided to do a calling and...

View more questions Search