Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susy Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

May 30, 2006, 07:07 PM
    DHP- parvo vaccine
    How often should a dog need to have a Distemper vaccine?? My dog had a DHP- parvo vaccine on April,06. Does this mean that she had a Distemper vaccine??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 30, 2006, 08:14 PM
    I am not sure about this, but I believe that they need booster shots just like children.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 30, 2006, 08:52 PM
    Hi Susy
    Several of the vaccines are given in one injection. Here is a schedule and a detailed explanation of the various vaccines including the one callled DHLPP which includes distemper and parvo, among other things. I hope that makes it easier to understand. WOOF!

http://www.richmonddogtraining.com/v...n_schedule.htm
    Saluki-Sue Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

May 31, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Once your dog is an adult they only need to have their shots updated once a year. If you have a young pup, your vet will tell you when to bring her in for her starter shots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get dog to eat after Parvo [ 4 Answers ]

My dog was diagosed with Parvo one week ago. I took him to the emergency clinic for the weekend. Then on to the vet that Monday. He stayed on IV fluid and twenty kabillion blood tests to keep track of different things. Diag on Sat and started trying to drink on his own Tuesday morning. (Good...

Mmr vaccine [ 2 Answers ]

I am 24 and have just had the mmr vaccine, is it normal to have massively swollen glands in the throatand aches and pains?

After parvo 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Last night was the first night of barney in the house (after being in the hospital for 4 days), during the night he kept having diahrrea and vomiting(after drinking water and pediliate), his poop was brown like chocolate, we don't know if it was from the pediliate that is a grape flavor and...

After parvo [ 1 Answers ]

My dog was diagnosted with parvo last Friday (6 days ago), he stayed in the clinic for 4 days, the vet was giving him IV, and some kind of antibiotic, I went to pick him up today(wednesday) he hadn't thrown up since Monday morning, when we were coming from the vet he threw up a little bit, and then...

Lab mix has parvo [ 13 Answers ]

I just adopted a lab mix puppy (about 10-12wks. Old) from our local animal control on Fri. 1/28/06. As soon as we got him we took him down to the vet and he received his vaccinations and deworming. On Friday night he had diaharrea which we thought was due to the deworming. By Sunday he just wanted...

View more questions Search