Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bart22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Installing NOMA programmable thermostat to replace original one in Condo - Wiring
    Hi,

My condo has a basic thermostat unit - Honeywell T6069A. The connections on the label are as follows:
    Fan Motor - Brown = Hi , Blue = Med, Red = Lo
    Valve = Orange (not connected to anything)
    Black = L1

I bought a NOMA Programmable Thermostat with Digital display and can't seem to figure out how to wire it up. At this point, I'm even wondering if this Thermostat is compatible with my Condo's heating and cooling systems.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bart
    Stat_designer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 02:57 AM
    The NOMA thermostat is not compatible. You need to purchase a thermostat that is specifically designed for 2-pipe fan coil HVAC system (which is what you have). A relatively unknown brand called PECO carries a wide variety of thermostats specifically designed for fan coils commonly found in condos.

A good place to purchase them is http://www.thermostatz.com

When I replaced my thermostat they walked me through every step.
    They also carry remote temperature sensors if your current thermostat is in a less then ideal location.

Here is a direct link to their contact form http://www.thermostatz.com/pages/Contact-Us.html
    Stat_designer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 02:57 AM
    The NOMA thermostat is not compatible. You need to purchase a thermostat that is specifically designed for 2-pipe fan coil HVAC system (which is what you have). A relatively unknown brand called PECO carries a wide variety of thermostats specifically designed for fan coils commonly found in condos.

A good place to purchase them is http://www.thermostatz.com

When I replaced my thermostat they walked me through every step.
    They also carry remote temperature sensors if your current thermostat is in a less then ideal location.

Here is a direct link to their contact form http://www.thermostatz.com/pages/Contact-Us.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Noma programmable thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, like many others I have installed the NOMA Heating/Cooling programmable thermostat Model: 52-2570-6. It is replacing the old round-style analog mercury thermostat dial. The wiring connections on the old one were: Wire colour: RED -----------> R GREEN --------> G WHITE -------->...

Installing a noma 5+1+1 day Programmable Thermostat and I'm over heating [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I am replacing the original mercury thermo in the house we purchased about 6 months ago. After installing it to the best of my knowledge (I read the little booklet) I found that the furnace (a oil powered water heater which is pumped throughout the house) is heating up the house well...

Wiring for Noma Programmable Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a Noma Programmable Thermostat from Canadian Tire. My original thermostat was called a York and it is old with mercury capsules inside. The original wiring is as follows: Green to G Yellow to Y Orange to O Brown to B White to W Red to R Beige to X

Wiring for Noma Programmable Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a Noma Programmable Thermostat from Canadian Tire. My original thermostat was called a York and it is old with mercury capsules inside. The original wiring is as follows: Green to G Yellow to Y Orange to O Brown to B White to W Red to R Beige to X

Noma programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Need to relocate a Noma programmable thermostat, it has 2 parts, the thermostat & base, how do you separate the 2?

View more questions Search