Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red_in_love Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
    I don't know what to do about my relationship
    Me and my boyfriend haven't been together that long but I really feel like I love him... I've been in love and had my heart broken but this relationship feels even better than the first one... I moved out of my house and into an apartment so we could spend more time together and for a while it was going great I was staying at his house with his mom, brother, and sister, and he would come over every once and a while to my apartment and stay there... then all of a sudden his mom moves them about 30 minutes away... which isn't too bad but when you have to pay rent and buy groceries and be a full time student its hard to keep up the money for gas to drive over there... then his mom says that he can't stay at my apartment any more and I can only come over one day a week... I really don't know why she is doing this he says its because she can't keep a relationship and she is jealous... but I really can't take not seeing him and having him beside me every night like it was for about 5 months straight... I don't know what to do because I really love him but I cry myself to sleep a lot and he says that he wants to move in with me but he can't afford it because his mom will cut him off from everything... I dn't know what to do... I have a lot of trouble sleeping even the one night a week I get to stay with him... help me!
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Oct 14, 2008, 03:51 PM

How old are you both?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 04:11 PM

While age is needed, the dependacy you have on him is not healthy. You need to realize that in life all you need is yourself. Having a companion is fine, but someone that you make the center of your world is only going to end in disaster.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 04:48 PM

Oh my, please be careful. Do not be this boy's surrogate mother. If he can't/won't stand on his own and must rely on his mother for support, him moving out will REQUIRE you to take on that role.

That's not your idea of a perfect live-in boyfriend, is it? A guy you're taking care of because he can't do it himself?

This is a dangerous moment for you. Make sure you are clear with yourself what it is you need most. A warm body in your bed isn't your TOP priority, is it? Please, please, please tread carefully here.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 10:25 AM

You could both have what you want, if you were mature and independent enough to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES!!
    red_in_love Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2008, 11:47 AM

We are both 20... and its not that he doesn't want to move out it is that he doesn't feel he can support us because he just got a job... and you are asking like he is a bad guy when its his mom that is being the... and I don't makk him the center of my world I go out and do things with my friends all the time it was the fact that we were going to sleep beside each other everyday for about 5 months straight and then all of a sudden he is gone and its really hard for me to sleep because before I met him I used to take pills to go to sleep and he made everything better I could stop taking the pills and go to sleep fine... I think some of the sleep thing is that I'm stressed out to with school and work... idk
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Being that dependent on others, is not a good sign of being mature, and you can blame anyone you want on your own shortcomings, but that doesn't change a thing.

I never said your b/f is a bad guy, because your both two kids trying to be adults, because you still need others to take care of you, so you must play by their rules, b......h or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

My Relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Ignore/delete

21 and I have never been in a relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes I think there is really something wrong with me, I'm 21 year old female and have never been in a relationship, never even come close really. My friends have been through countless relationships and on loads of dates and constantly have a guy interested in them, meanwhile I have no one. I...

New Relationship [ 3 Answers ]

My boy friend and I have only been dating for 1month and a half, I have a big sex drive and he doesn't the couple of weeks was great but now he only wants sex like once a week, if that, I don't understand the relationship is so new, he says he loves me and he doesn't want to base everything on sex....

View more questions Search