Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BCFC Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Help With Fly:(
    I have no idea how this started I think a fly flew in threw the window but noew like over a month later I come in and see 2 big ones flying around which I got rid of but there are all these little ones because the big ones where laying eggs or whatever I think obviously I need to get rid of the little ones before they get a load more but I can't find any or where they could be. Is there any kind of spray that would get rid of them? Also I don't know what they are but there quite big and I hope there not dangerous or anything:confused:

Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 03:49 AM
    Don't be concerned. Generally those big fat ones are seen in the spring... and flies typically lay eggs on rotting flesh, not just on various places that they land... so in short, I'd not worry about it - Just whack them as you see them... and double check that you don't have a dead animal somewhere like a crawlspace.

They make "bombs" that you can treat your house/apartment with but I don't think at this point you need to do that.
    BCFC Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2006, 04:21 PM
    They keep coming back at night when I turn the light on? There's loads of them all little ones then there like big ones as well. I cleared out everything today though I don't know where they could be. Any ideas? Ill get help with it tomorrow
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2006, 03:48 AM
    So you didn't run into anything dead or rotting that might have been where they were laid?

I learned something myself here in digging further. I read that flies do sometimes also lay eggs in soil and on plants... so maybe check out any houseplants too.

I didn't realize the extent of the little ones. You might consider a bug bomb at this point.

Truthfully, it may just be a mystery that's never solved as to where they got laid. I run 400 apartments where tenants complain if they see one fly... but have never heard or seen of an infestation indoors like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search