Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayk9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Sprinkler control valves
    For additions to a home sprinkler system, can I add control valves downstream of an antisiphon valve? Some plumbing books and one RainBird sprinkler info sheet says to do this. Other internet sites say to avoid possible damage to the antisiphon valve, no other valves should be installed downstream of the antisiphon valve. My particular setup makes it difficult to add antisiphon valves to the existing manifold of 2 antisiphon valves.
    jayk9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 05:56 PM

The RainBird and Toro manuals for their anti-siphon valves explicitly says:"Additional control valves must not be installed downstream of the anti-siphon valve." So maybe this is the answer Or if the downstream valves are normally open and at least one is always open when the a-s valve is open it might work - but a little complex...
    reschuppert Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Are the anti valves running sprinklers if so then you would have to be running those sprinklers on that valve and the new sprinklers. Best to just add to the manifold or just add sprinklers to an existing valve if you have enough pressure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manual for Richdel Sprinkler Control [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for an operations manual for my Richdel Model R416LG Solid State Sprinkler Control. Where can I look on the internet and download this manual. Thank you.

MOEN shower head and control valves [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had the upstairs bathroom updated with new Moem controls and shower head. The shower head water does not have the same force as before. I removed the shower head and installed another shower head with the same results. I can see the water restrictor in the Moem shower head, my...

Fire Sprinkler [ 4 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have one ceiling fire sprinkler that is in my basement that is not positioned low enough for when you drywall the ceiling. I have looked at the plumbing and the fire sprinkler system in not tied directly into the...

Sprinkler System [ 3 Answers ]

My sprinkler system here in SW Florida is two years old. There are 5 programmable zones. However, lately whenever zones 1, 2, 3 or 4 are programmed ON, Zone 5 comes on (sympathetically?). An irrigation company has come 3 times to make repairs, but has been unsuccessful each time. They gave up and...

View more questions Search