Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lukef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Any financial aid for someone with a felony?
    I was convicted of my 3rd OWI. I would like to go back to school is there any financial help for someone like me? :(
    peebody Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Not really sure bro. I just filled out financial aid for online classes and haven't heard a response yet. I am a felon too. On the app, the only question it ask is "have you ever been convicted of sells or possession of drugs will receiving financial aid" my answer was no.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 11:28 PM

Hi, Lukef!

The best thing that you can do is visit, call or look at the financial aid requirements of an institution to see what they say. If I were you, I wouldn't even mention the OWI before seeing what the requirements are. Whatever they ask for on an application, you would need to be truthful.

peebody has already made at least one inquiry. What I would suggest that you do is follow the example of peebody and just start looking - online, in person or by calling the institutions.

Another thing that people who have been convicted of felonies might want to consider doing, is getting out of the mind-set, that they are a convicted felon and thinking that everyone is going to only remember and/or think about them for the worst thing that they ever did and that anything that they did in the past that was good, or the good things that they could do in the future doesn't matter now, simply because of them being convicted of a felony.

To me, if a person has been convicted of a felony, has done there time, paid their dues to society, learned a lesson and is willing to move forward, ever onward and upward in their life, to become a productive citizen again, then to me, that person is a "former felon".

I wish you both the best!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

To produce a plan for financial and non-financial resources [ 1 Answers ]

As a manager produce a plan for financial and non-financial resources to meet mediun to long trem objectives of the company

Financial statements to review/financial health of a company [ 0 Answers ]

Reviewing the company's balance sheet, which entries should be analysied To determine the financial health of a company?:confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search