Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gulya_83 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Divorce before conditional green card
    My name is Nodira and I'm from Central Asia, I've been married to my husband for 5 months now, I have my fingerprints taken and waiting for my work permit, our marriage was difficult from very beginning, I knew him for 3 years, my father's friend introduced me to him, I always thought of him as my friend, he lived with him and every time I visit my father's friend I saw him there, we knew each other very well, I really liked him as he is very nice guy but never thought of marrying him as my whole family is back in my country and I never really wanted to marry someone who is that far from my home. He told me that he loved me very much that he can't live without me and no one would love me like he does, I knew we'll have problems because of two totally different cultures but he assured me that everything will be fine. Anyway we got married and that was a big mistake, I never lived with him before marriage because of my religion and believes, we start living together after we got married, it was very difficult at the beginning, he was very, because I didn't have paper to work I was working for cash night shift, cleaning stores, he didn't like it, we had fights almost every day, I had to quit, he always was threatening me to get divorce, later things seem to be getting all right, right now I'm pregnant and I'm not ready to be mother, he gets very low salary and has a lots of debts to pay, I don't work and we barely live from check to check, I don't think we are financially ready to have baby and I want to do abortion, he thinks abortion is killing and if I kill our baby he'll get divorce with me. I haven't even had my first interview and I don't know how long more I can take this. If he divorces me now, will I still be able to continue with the process and what are my chances?
    Please advise
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 07:23 PM

Your marriage is too short to convince that you entered marriage in good faith, however, the baby would be the most valuable evidence for you. If you decide to keep the baby and divorce your husband, you should be fine on immigration issue, but life would be tough.. at this point you should seek help from local shelter.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter...
    sexydaena Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Hi I came here 5yrs ago hoping to go to school and get a better job to help my family 3 yrs into being here I met my husband. I haven't filed my paperwork as yet because of the money and he doesn't work and so am working odd jobs to get cash to try and keep us float. I found out a month ago that throughout our entire relationship and marriage he has been cheating on me, and when I confronted him about it got physcial I didn't call the police because he threatened to have a couple of his friends come beat me up. I don't know what to do am trying to hang in there but don't know how much longer I can hold on.. please keep in mind we have been married for a year and a half now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting divorce with green card [ 7 Answers ]

I just got my green card and I want to get divorce, can I do it without losing my status?

Divorce after issuance of conditional green card [ 1 Answers ]

If divorce revokes the conditional green card, and all sponsorship is automatically withdrawn including the I-864, does that mean I am no longer responsible for the alien national. What about the 10 year responsibility. What if he manages to get conditions removed with the help of an attorney and...

Divorce after green card [ 2 Answers ]

I got my green card from my father, and I got married in Brazil and gave a green card to my husband, we have two kids, they were born here in U.S, so my husband just got his green card two months ago , we are separated for 2 years , we want to get the divorce, my question is, can we get the...

Conditional green card [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse was granted a conditional green card which is only good for 2 years after which we were supposed to file together for the removal of conditions to secure a permanent resident status. We got divorced 6 months after the issuance of the cond. Green card. Can we remarry and file together...

Divorce with the first green card [ 1 Answers ]

I got marriage in November 2005, I got first green card that is expired in September 2008. This June 2008 I need to file a form for my second green card. My husband is thinking about divorse. He told me about this. Do I have any chance to get my second green card if he divorce before the experation...

View more questions Search