Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britster Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Being a guest in my own house
    Okay so I haven't been on her in awhile cause everything is going good pretty much except for living with my family.

I guess you could say I'm the outkast of the family :( my brother and mom and my moms loud mouth irrogant boyfriend all drink till they can't stand everyday right at about 5 depending on what time my moms boyfriend gets home from work. My brother is 23 and still living at home if that tells you anything. Im 19 years old and I do still live at home but here's the thing I'm going to school and I am an assistant manager at a tanning salon. My boyfriend is certified to become a cop its just really tough right now for him to find a job cause of the economy. So once he gets a job we are going to move out as soon as possible. I feel like an outkast because I don't drink around them ever and I don't talk to them and no I don't pay rent but really I hide in my room pay for all my own groceies and shampoo and condiiton and all that I really am never home. So I find myself kind of depressed a lot of the time because they can say really hurtful things sometimes I hate living there I feel like I have to walk on egg shells mostly around my moms boyfriend he just is extremely jealous because his kids are huge trouble makers and we aren't except for my brother. I try not to let things he says get under my skin but he is so good at it. If we get into a fight I think about it for days and even though he is totally out of line I always blame it on myself for some reason and say your so stupid you shouldn't have said or done that or whatever I may say. And he always bad mouths my boyfriend who is the nicest kid ever and is going to be a cop so you know he has a nice future picked out for himself. I just don't know how to deal with living at home

Does any one have advice for me :confused:
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Oct 15, 2008, 03:36 AM

It really does sound so horrible and volitile.

I think you're awesome for not becoming one of THEM and drinking and being a loser..

I think your focus needs to be on YOUR OWN personal life. Focus on what you fill YOUR days w/... like your work, SCHOOL and your boyfriend.

You have a plan... and THAT'S WHAT COUNTS, nothing else.

Tick, tock... timing is what's at play here. Just do your time at home... keeping your focus on what YOU ARE DOING and stay out of the freaks way, (your moms retarded boyfriend).

It's all about you, here. You can't control who your mom dates or what she's doing, good or bad. Your mom is having some problems, obviously... she's drinking a lot and dating losers that treat her daughter like crap. How can you let these people get the best of you? NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE!

You are on a good path... just know that. You keep strong. Stay out of the retards way... put on a "plastic smile" around that house... and keep your focus.

You can do it! Just be selfish enough, OK?

I wish I could help you more. I just know that YOU are the "real deal" girl, so be strong enough to have YOUR OWN back.. and it'll all work out in the end... because THIS is not the rest of your life.. It's just "now"...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 05:44 AM

First boyfriend needs to move, there are places that are begging for police officers, I know Atlanta is one of them, they have to hire people with some criminal records since they can't find enough people with clean records to be officers. So he needs to apply to dozens of departments each week if he really wants to be a officer. Next is he working at all ? He can look at corrections, working in the prisons for a while till he can find something else if he wants to be in law enforcement real bad. Or even work for some private security companies

For yourself, you have to stand up for yourself, and in the end, if and when you have to move.
    britster Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetDee View Post
    It really does sound so horrible and volitile.

I think you're awesome for not becoming one of THEM and drinking and being a loser..

I think your focus needs to be on YOUR OWN personal life. Focus on what you fill YOUR days w/...like your work, SCHOOL and your bf.

You have a plan...and THAT'S WHAT COUNTS, nothing else.

Tick, tock...timing is what's at play here. Just do your time at home...keeping your focus on what YOU ARE DOING and stay out of the freaks way, (your moms retarded boyfriend).

It's all about you, here. You can't control who your mom dates or what she's doing, good or bad. Your mom is having some problems, obviously...she's drinking a lot and dating losers that treat her daughter like crap. How can you let these people get the best of you? NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE!

You are on a good path...just know that. You keep strong. Stay out of the retards way...put on a "plastic smile" around that house...and keep your focus.

You can do it! Just be selfish enough, ok?

I wish I could help you more. I just know that YOU are the "real deal" girl, so be strong enough to have YOUR OWN back..and it'll all work out in the end...cuz THIS is not the rest of your life.. It's just "now"...

Thank you so much, you answer has honestly help me its just nice to hear someone on my side for once! I really appreciate you taking the time to write that. THANK YOU again :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 12:04 PM

You are so close to being out... try to be patient.

Not a fan of telling you to expect the boyfriend to be your savior... young love can change so fast... so understand what you can do to empower yourself. Work hard, save some money, if you have friends whod like a roommate to split rent, go for it.

You can't save anybody else. Sorry it is so unpleasant right now. Try your best to reassure yourself that they are the problem, not you.

The only way to talk to an idiot in an argument is to become one yourself. If bad things are said, understand its coming from a weak person. Don't say that. Just know all the noise is nonsense and means nothing in the end, other than you are better off away than with.

Its unfortunate. It doesn't have to be like this. But you don't need to be like them.

Bide your time. Its short time. Plan your way out and take control of your life.
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Oct 20, 2008, 03:28 AM

Britster, it was my pleasure to help you out... <3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house guest won't leave [ 3 Answers ]

I invited my friend of 10 + years and her daughter to move in with me while she find a job and a house (she was evicted from her apartment). A year + later, she still at my house without no job. I asked her to leave 7 months ago, and she still has not moved out. I just sent her a certified letter...

When a house-mate has an overnight guest [ 12 Answers ]

I don't quite know how to write this up, but here it goes. I've been living with a male friend for almost 5 years. We did date for a short time, but that didn't work for us. His parents threw him out, and he asked to stay with me. I agreed. Now, in August 07, he's meet someone whom he is just...

Family House Guest From Hell! [ 7 Answers ]

-I am writing in to get some feedback from a professional on the following: My mother has allowed my youngest sister who is 22 years of age to move back into her home since about 1 month ago. My mother allowed her stay with the understanding that she would gain employment and then locate another...

Unwantied House Guest [ 3 Answers ]

Here is a good question, How do you get a unwanted house guest out of your house? Here is the situation, OVER A YEAR AGO my husband needed help with our Construction Company. He had more work than we could handle, so he called a few of his unemployed half brothers that live in Georgia and asked if...

Texas Law on evicting a house guest [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the Texas laws on evicting a house guests or a renter that has no lease and has not paid rent.

View more questions Search