Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alina123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Finding my biological parents.
    I'm 18 and was adopted when I was younger and I don't know anything about my biological parents. All I know is where I was born and my date of birth. I have really nice adoptive parents but I would just like to know about my biological parents. If any one knows any ways that can help me... let me know please

X
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 06:02 AM

It's very strange to me that you know NOTHING about your biological parents. You are of the age that open adoptions were finally coming to be more common.

You start with asking your adoptive parents what they know.

Then you contact the adoption agency used, and the courthouse where the adoption was finalized.

Start looking at reunion websites, if you're interested in actually meeting with your birthparents.

Your best bet for information, though, is going to be your adoptive parents.
    Revival Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Oct 15, 2008, 12:13 PM

Being adopted myself, and it being a closed adoption, I know what you're going through. In most situations, you can get information on your birth parents from the adoption agency. However, they'll only give you the information from when they were pregnant with you, they will not give you the here and now. In a lot of places, both parties have to have inquired about one another before a courthouse or adoption agency can give you any information on where they're at now.
    kizzez_4_u Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 12:48 PM

I was in foster care and I had the same situation you need to ask your adoptive parents if they know anything about you biologicial parents. If they don't know that much information you can go to the DHS (department of human services) and ask them to speak with someone from the adoption agency in there and they can give you the information and for all you know they could be looking for you too.
    csmith0481 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 06:08 PM

I understand your feeling I am 29 years old and mine was a closed adoption I was also told to go back to the adotion agency and they should point me in the right direction so try that first your situation should be easier than mine. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding my biological parents [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 42 year old man that is curious about finding my birth parents but everyone wants so much money to help how can I find them for free or at low cost ?

Biological Parents [ 7 Answers ]

Who are my biolgoical parents:confused:

Biological parents [ 1 Answers ]

Hello My name is Virginia... Iwas given upat the age of 3 days! I was raised by my aunt and uncle who are now deceased.. I know my biological mother, but never knew my biological father.. My birth certificate has my biological mother's name but the name for the father was the man she was married...

Biological Parents [ 7 Answers ]

I want to find my biological parents how do I do that

Looking for my biological parents [ 7 Answers ]

I have been looking for my biological parents for almost ten years now. My birth name is Kira Lively. My birthparent's names are James and Kathleen Lively. I have one brother and one sister, Joseph and Jessica. I was placed into foster care when I was nine years old and adopted when I was twelve...

View more questions Search