Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hammerred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2006, 02:04 PM
    AC Thermostat Problem
    Greetings:

I'm from Canada and last fall installed a NOMA 7 day programmable Thermostat to replace our old mercury switch thermostat. The heat default was set at 5 cycle times per hour which worked great, but now that I've switched over to AC, I'm finding it can't cool it down quick enough, and the AC is running constantly. I changed the cycle time down to 3 per hour. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Paul
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2006, 05:51 PM
    My guess is the AC needs to be checked for low Freon, since 5C/H did not cool it.

If I remember right, somewhere in this forum is a post that details the temperatures air should be at certain points to troubleshoot if the compressor is low on Freon.

I do not think the stat is the cause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with Honeywell RTH230B thermostat [ 20 Answers ]

Hi, I have hooked up the thermostat (replaced an old analog Honeywell unit) and had the same wiring as the one on this post https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/...ead.php?t=14531 (ie on the old unit, the blue wire to the Y terminal and a yellow jumper wire from the Y terminal the back of the unit -...

RTH230B Thermostat Problem [ 3 Answers ]

This goes out to anyone who might be able to help out. I purchased a Honeywell RTH230B to replace the old mercury thermostat. I have a gas furnace w/ A/C I have a 5 wire system with the following color code. Green for the fan, Yellow is on Remote A/C, White is on the W1 (Thermostat), Red also...

Fridge Thermostat problem? [ 3 Answers ]

I found that my icebox (not auto defrost) was losing frost (not a huge amount was in there, but enough so I noticed it had receded) and it didn't seem like the fridge thermostat was turning on regularly. I turned up the thermostat knob and that seemed to get it started again for about two weeks,...

Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a Honeywell ct87758A,C to replace an old round, manual Honeywell unit. The old one was taken off without labeling the wires. There is a white, red and gray one. Any idea which one goes with which letter? It only controls the cooling system.

View more questions Search