Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Southwind V ceiling fan question
    I purchased a Southwind V ceiling fan from Home Depot. Being an electrician, I did not have too much problem installing the fan except when it came time to put the remote receiver in what they call the canopy cover. I am having a problem fitting the receiver inside the canopy cover.

Thank you.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 30, 2006, 04:24 PM
    I have not personally installed this model fan.. . But if the receiver is designed to fit inside the canopy then it should. Otherwise you could mount it inside the outlet box. Where do the instructions say to mount it?
    lyle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2006, 04:55 PM
    It is too big to mount inside the outlet box, does anybody have any other ideas.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2006, 12:44 PM
    I'll say it again, if the receiver came with the fan I am sure it is designed to fit inside the canopy.
    Laa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lyle
    I purchased a Southwind V ceiling fan from Home Depot. Being an electrician, I did not have too much problem installing the fan except when it came time to put the remote reciever in what they call the canopy cover. I am having a problem fitting the reciever inside the canopy cover.

thank you.
    I had just installed this fan. The receiver does fit inside the bracket. Pull all of your connected wires out as far out of the bracket housing as you can. Slide the receiver inside the bracket ( fits snug ). Once you've done this push all the wires up into the bracket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Southwind v [ 10 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a Southwind V Model 110 690, a 52" ceiling fan. The instillation went well. The directions were good, but when I tried the light, nothing happened. I have taken the light fixture and know that that section does conduct, so either the switch or the power is not...

Ceiling Fan wiring question [ 15 Answers ]

I was trying to install a new ceiling fan this weekend and ran into a little problem. It looks like the previous owner cut the existing wiring in half so instead of 1 black, 1 white and 1 green wire I have 2 sets of each. Is this a normal wiring scheme? Do I just connect both blacks together, both...

Yet another ceiling fan question [ 6 Answers ]

I have successfully installed a ceiling fan before but the old house I now live in has wiring that baffles me. The Hampton ceiling fan I am installing has the usual black, blue, white, and green (ground) wires. The outlet does not appear to have any ground wires (so I will ground the fan to the...

Question about Texturing a ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I read on-line on a do it yourself page to prime the ceiling first so after scraping the popcorn and patching all the nail dimples and repairing all the little scrape marks so I wiped the surface with a rag and primmed it with Kilz 2 Primmer. When I went to home depo to get some stuff for the...

Hampton southwind V model: 110690 [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there-- Thanks for taking the time to try and figure this out... For some bizarre reason we can't get our fan to operate in a downward air flow. It was working (downward) a month ago. We've tried all sorts of trouble-shooting including changing codes for the remote control. Any...

View more questions Search