Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gleasman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Gas furnace fan on, no heat, not controlable
    I have a 5 year old Carrier (#58sta/stx) gas furnace/electric fan. The fan runs continually with no heat unless power is cut off at the breaker. The thermostat is inoperable (digital screen blank w/no back light) though it has 12 volts of incoming power. Waiting for a new thermostat but with the old thermostat removed and no wires touching, the fan still continues to run with no heat. Normal? Is there a reset control on the furnace? Think a new thermostat will return functionality? Is there a way to test the old thermostat with a multimeter? Thanks very much.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 09:39 AM
    I believe you need 24 volts to operate the system and thermostat. Sounds like the roll out safety or other safety device has tripped if the furnace is so equipped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace comes on but the heat goes off after a while [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox 4 wire system furnace and I purchased a Noma thermostat. I currently have White,Green,Blue and Red wires. Based on the advise I got online so far, I've bridged the Red and White wires and I'm getting the heat. This is just to test and make sure that the furnace is OK. I still needs...

Furnace no heat [ 2 Answers ]

Only Blow Cool Air Not Heat

Gas Furnace Heat [ 1 Answers ]

The repair tech says my Lennox Pulse gas furnace is fine and that the thermostat is fine also. However, even when it says it is 75 in my house, I am still cold. When it is 75 at work, I'm "toasty". The technician did say replacing the "U" coil may help (he didn't look at it yet), but it is...

Furnace has no heat [ 3 Answers ]

Please help My furnace is not working and I know very little about it.. I was told it does not have pilot but has an ignitor... I turned it on yesterday but it didn't come on.. There is a glass mirror on the door that has a red light in it.. The red light brinks rapidly so I know it has power...

View more questions Search